Chapter#05

She stood in front of the door to make sure nobody enters and waiting patiently for the girl to come out of the stall. It was after couple of minutes that she finally came out.

Stella M. Coleman. She was what you call old rich. Like generations of rich ancestors. They were actually one of the founding fathers of this town and as every other rich family, they had secrets and a very large reputation to maintain.

Her arm had a cast, hair were bleached blonde which in Ace opinion really wasn't her color. And seeing her attitude, she was class A of rich kids.

The classification of the rich kids was simple in Ace's head. There were four classes, class D for nice rich, class C for niceish rich, class B for in between rich and class A was bitch rich. Stella was the perfect example of class A who lived, breathe and literally treated money like it was their right. They believed money could solve every problem and for them, it had. They marry rich and literally had no real happiness other then money.

Ace didn't need to do anything for her to be noticed, Ace had a strong presence and Stella noticed her right away, eyes widen in surprise and then glare.

"What do you want?" she demanded while simple walking towards the sink to wash her hands. Her face had that arrogant look which was literally begging to be punched, the look that said 'you can't touch me'. She opened the tap from her uninjured hand, risen her hand and then closed it with the exact same hand. So literally wasted water to get the germs back on her hand.

Before she could open her bag to take whatever she was going to take out, her left side of the face were squashed into the sink titles. Her uninjured arm, twisted behind her back. A cry escape her lips.

"What are you doing?!" she demanded.

"Making sure you know what regret is." Ace softly said and pulled out an electric razor from her hood's pocket. When she switched it on, Stella screeched.

"You psycho! Let me go. What are you doing?" Stella started struggling furiously.

"You know sweetheart, I am not a nice person. And unfortunately for you, forgiveness is also not my strong forte." Ace said while smiling and brought the razor to her forehead.

"No, you need to stop moving or else I won't be responsible for hurting you. Don't worry though, I am an expert at this." The warning had not even ended when Stella had stopped struggling underneath her.

Ace grinned happily and shaved the middle of her head first, all in one go. She wasn't kidding when she said she was an expert. She herself had a shaved head for past 4 years. It wasn't until this year's February she let it grow.

It took only a couple of seconds before the hair was completely shaved off. Her very much damaged scale came in view of Ace and she shuddered. In a way, she really did do Stella a favor. With this kind of damage, she would have gone bald in few years.

Stella was crying miserably under her still and when Ace let her arm go, she still stayed in the position, crying.

"Though my beef isn't with you but I don't have time to cut the branches one by one. I just like ripping off the plant from root so for future, be better. I'll be watching." Ace said while opening the tap to wash her hands. She first washed the taps, then washed her hand and then closed the tap. It was an old habit.

Though, personally shaving a head wasn't exactly a punishment. But for Stella, this should be enough for her to lock herself in the house for couple of days. Also, Ace didn't like physically hurting people.

She preferred mental traumas.

They lasted longer in memory.

With that she walked out of the bathroom with Stella's bag and cellphone with her, leaving no way for the crying girl to call for help.

The hallways were empty when she walked through them, there were a low murmurs of teachers and students coming out from the classrooms but the third floor of block C was usually empty unless a class had lab. There were also teachers lounges here and their cafeteria. Ace dumped Stella's bag in the first trash can she saw and walked out of the school.

The walk towards home was silent. She still had work to do. Though she already took care of Stella herself, her father was the whole other thing. He was told about the incident that happened the two days ago and obviously, Ace was to be blamed. Broody already got a call from principle this morning. She can't deny the power Stella's father had, he was very capable of making things difficult for Broody- a father who will not be letting someone who had hurt his daughter go even if Stella begged him now.

As Francis Bacon said, 'Knowledge is power.' and Ace Adams was anything if not powerful. She had already contacted Oliver for details on the man and had called Chub to get a little personal information on him that meant affairs, mistresses and obviously, illegitimate children who a man like him would have without a doubt. Class A rich kids usually had parents who loved playing around.

Her cellphone rang, the number was unknown but without a hesitation- she picked it up.

"Ace?" Before she could say something, the voice spoke.

She recognized the voice.

Since that night, she had very mixed feelings towards the owner of the voice. In fact, for the first time ever in her life, she was pausing herself to make a final verdict about someone.

Daniel Andrew was someone she barely knew. He looked normal, acted normal. Probably was sensitive towards people's feelings which wasn't something out of ordinary. She didn't had much impression of him at first, not till that night when he walked her home. The only reason she remembered his name was because he had laughed at her. As a matter of fact, Daniel Andrew was completely ordinary so why had she not made up her mind about him?

He sometimes looked at her like he didn't wanted to see her but usually wouldn't turn his eyes away to look at something else. He wasn't awkward, wasn't weird, wasn't overly friendly but also didn't ignore her.

Was he playing some kind of game?

But he wasn't the type.

All she knew was, he looked kind of cute when he got flustered that night.

"Hello? Ace?" His voice brought her out from her thought and then she heard him murmur, "Shit, did he give me the wrong number."

"From who did you get this number in the first place?" She asked and knew her speaking suddenly surprised him because he went silent. Dead silent.

Finally after few seconds he explained, "Matt gave me your number. He asked your brother."

"Why did you need it?" She got to the point while cursing Mike in her head. Though she didn't mind him having her number, Mike shouldn't just give her number away to strangers like that.

"Can we meet, tonight?" he asked.

Ace faltered.

"Why?" She knew she was being rude in sense of others but for her, Daniel was a nobody. To meet him like that suddenly just sounded suspicious. Also, she still haven't figured his personality out.

"I need to talk to you about something." he said and Ace once again went into thinking.

"Okay." she agreed slowly, she wanted to trust her gut but it wasn't saying anything yet.

"Thank you. I will pick you up at 7.....?"

"That's okay, I can come by myself. Just tell me where to come."

"No. I'll pick you up." He immediately said and before she could argue, he hung up.

Ace stared at the phone in confusion.

She takes it back, this guy was a little weird.

Was he maybe worried which he have no reason to but was he? Worried that there would be repeat of that night. Just the thought of someone worrying about such a minor thing made her even more confused.

People never worried for her, they were usually worried because of her but him treating her like a normal girl was new and a bit uncomfortable.

Was this very ordinary guy, treating her like an ordinary girl?

This feeling of being treated like an average girl was a little disagreeable but very much confusing and Ace wasn't sure whether she liked it or not.