Chapter#02

He looked up when the door burst open very loudly, making a bang sound. His lips twitched and heart tugged in discomfort, surprise and a little curiosity when he saw her figure appear two hours late for detention. With her tiny body, she somehow had a very large presence. Large enough for him to be aware of it. Be a little afraid of it.

Ace Adams.

She had somehow managed to caught his attention.

No, it was more like she had demanded his attention.

Once again, his chest tighten in discomfort and confusion.

"Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in?" James said while grinning very widely at her. His other friends had different expressions on their faces. Matt just slipped in a polite but confused smile while Andy looked a little creepy with so much teeth showing.

As for himself, he acted indifferent. Like he should have had when she pulled off that fake smile.

An urge to kick James flashed in his mind like a warning bell. It nagged him to leave her alone, to just let her be. To not get involved but he couldn't find it himself to say anything. Just a slight glare would have been enough to make them keep quiet, to make them stay away but he didn't wanted to raise his head enough to look at her directly.

She somehow made him cramped in his chest and he sure didn't like the feeling.

"Ace Adams." he saw from the corner of his eyes that she had nodded at them in greeting and introduced herself in a very 'Denny Crane' manner. She spared him no glance.

"Nice to meet you, Ace Adams. I am James. This is Andy, Daniel and Matt."

Sometimes he really wanted smack James in the head. His habit to be overly friendly and nice was a real pain in the ass for them. He really wanted him to shut up.

"Ah. Jamey, Andy, Danny and Matty, so adorable!" She said, a very sarcastic grin on her face. This time, he did raise his head and looked at her carefully. The atmosphere around her have changed. The grin wasn't forced but more amused. She no longer had the air of indifference around her but she felt more like a normal person, an approachable person.

Daniel felt a slight shiver down his spine.

What is this girl?

He watched as she took the furthest seat from us and looked at the sleeping supervisor. Mr. Collin who had a very great talent in sleeping through even dooms day. His was sitting straight in the chair with his eyes shut and mouth open. If they couldn't hear his slight snores, they would consider him dead.

The sight probably amused her because she grinned, this time it was all natural.

They all looked at her curiously. His friends were already a little confused on how to approach her and now they looked even more disoriented.

"He a tight sleeper?" she asked while leaning comfortably on her seat

"Yeah he sleeps like the dead." Andy replied leaning forward.

Her grin changed into a smirk. She pulled up her backpack and slowly shuffled around it. After few seconds, she pulled out a bright pink pouch which looked like a makeup bag he had seen his mum and other few girls have around.

His eyebrows raised in surprise, he really doubted if it belonged to her.

She opened it and her eyes were trained on the things inside. Matt elbowed him to ask with his expressions what exactly was going on but Daniel was the last person to have any idea at all.

She slowly got up from her seat and almost danced towards the sleeping Mr. Collins. Her movement was almost too graceful for him to believe it was the same person he had encountered the last two times. Almost like the whole identity have changed.