Chapter 13: Better Half

“You know it’s love when your feelings don’t leave even if the person does...”

A/N Sorry talaga sa super late update :(

“Dumating ka naman please, Chard..”  Dawn mentally kept repeating to herself.

She was in the lobby of Dolphy Theatre, keenly waiting for her leading man to arrive.  They were supposed to receive the “All-Time Favorite Loveteam for Movie and Television” recognition from the annual Guillermo Awards together.  She flooded his inbox with messages that morning, asking him if he could come, but she didn’t receive a single reply.  She tried calling him, but the same voice from the other line answered her over and over again.

Suddenly one of the staff approached her. “Ma’am Dawn sa loob na lang po kayo maghintay.  The ceremony would start in five minutes na po kasi.”

With one last desperate look towards the entrance, she followed the woman into the theatre. As the awarding started, she kept on glancing at the empty seat beside her.

About half an hour had past when Dawn suddenly felt something brush on the side of her neck.

It was a white rose.  And it was Richard holding it.

“Para sa aking leading lady na pinaghintay ko.”

Dawn ignored him, and made no move to accept the rose. Richard sat down and sighed.

“Sorry.  Meron lang akong––”

“No, wag kanang mag-explain.  Hindi na kailangan,” Dawn cut him off.

“Okay.”

After a moment, Dawn glanced at the rose that was still on Richard’s right hand and asked:

“Para sa akin ba talaga yan?”

Richard chuckled. “Oo nga. Sorry na ha? Here.”

She reached for it, smiling, and their fingers touched, his hand lingering. He held her hand as the awarding droned on, and she had let him.

Until finally..

“To receive the award as the All Time Most Favorite Loveteam for Movie and Television, please give it up for Mr. Richard Gomez and Ms. Dawn Zulueta!”

Hand in hand they made their way towards the stage, grinning and waving at the cheering crowd.

“Maraming marami pong salamat sa Guillermo Mendoza Foundation,” Dawn started, then turned to Richard. “Goma can you believe na ito ang nangyayare?”

“I’m actually amazed. Maraming salamat to our fans who has been supporting us through the years.”

“Yes..Ang last time po ata na nakatanggap ako ng Guillermo Award was nearly twenty years ago and pangalawang beses ko pa lamang ito sa entablado ninyo kaya maraming marami pong salamat sa karangalang ito and..” she looked up at his leading man, “Thank you Richard..”

“Thank you for what?” he asked.

“Thank you ‘cause you are the better half of this team,” she said, a smile playing on her lips.

“Yeah..and alam n’yo mga kaibigan we also would like to thank of course, our spouses who has been very supportive. Anton and Lucy, thank you so much.”

“Thank you.. thank you Lucy, thank you Anton..” she grabbed his hand, locking her fingers in his, “...and thank you Chardawns!”

***