Chapter 2: One Message Received ♡

Gomez Residence, Dec.18, 10:09p.m.

            “Bakit ka nakahawak sa pisngi mo?” It was Lucy’s greeting to his husband the moment he entered the door.

            Richard automatically put his hand back down. He had been unaware of it --- unaware of the fact that he had been touching his face at the part where Dawn’s lips came in contact with.

            “Ha? Wala, hon, makati lang. Si Juliana nga pala tulog na?”

            “Yes hon she is.” She walked toward him and kissed him lovingly. “How was the taping?”

            “Masaya. Nakakatuwa si Vice,” he said with a forced laugh. He related to her some of the happenings, carefully skipping the parts where Vice cornered him about his feelings for Dawn.

            Before she could reply, her phone buzzed. “Wait lang hon ha baka it’s important. Mauna ka na sa kwarto.” With that, she answered the call and went to their garden.

            Beep. It was his phone’s turn to buzz. The beat of his heart quickened. He was half-hoping that it would be Dawn. Sira ka bakit siya magte-text sa’yo? he thought bitterly.

            Pwede ka ba tomorrow @8a.m.? I want  to meet you and Dawn sana to discuss about your movie. She said she’d be there.

            It was a message from Laurenti Dyogi. The last sentence of the text was all he needed to know before sending a quick reply. Okay sure.

            Smiling to himself, he headed toward the master bedroom with tomorrow’s appointment in mind.

Meanwhile..Lagdameo’s Residence, Dec.19, 12:03a.m.

            Dawn paced back and forth in their living room, unable to bring herself to sleep. Bakit ko ba ginawa yun? Gosh this would be awkward tomorrow, she thought. Mag-backout na lang kayo ako? Noooo, madi-disappoint ko ang fans. Bahala na nga!

            She headed to the kitchen to drink a glass of ice-cold water. This was the only thing that calms her nerves, if you don’t count Richard’s kiss on her forehead. Ano ba ‘tong iniisip ko? Gosh! She gulped down the water, and at the same time, memories of the day flooded her mind.

            The feeling of bliss, the familiar caution he showed as he carried her, the way he said ‘Dahil mahal kita’ as if he meant it, the piercing feeling she felt when he somehow forgot that he once called her love, and most of all, the biggest uncertainty of all --- does he still, after all these years, love her? Did it really show in his eyes?

            As if an answer to her question, her phone vibrated. She gasped. A message from Richard!

            When you said love, somehow I felt something tug at my heart. Di ko akalaing mare-reflect pala sa mata ko, but I guess it did. Siguro naman makakatulog ka na dahil wala ng magbo-bother sa’yo. Hahaha, good night. See you tomorrow :).

            “Paano nya nalaman?  He knows me better than anyone else talaga,” she said aloud, and with that she went to her bedroom knowing that she’ll be able to sleep this time.