Chapter 3: The Note

Gomez Residence, Dec.19, 6:30a.m.

            Richard awoke with a start. Then he remembered. I’ll see her again, was his first thought in the morning. He didn’t even notice that his wife was no longer beside him until he went to the bathroom and saw the pink paper taped to the mirror with her elegant handwriting on it.

            Hindi na kita ginising. Biglaang emergency sa Ormoc eh. Will be back tomorrow na siguro. Take care hon, I LOVE YOU.

            He smiled. Lucy was fond of those little notes she leaves him every time her duty calls on her. He glanced at his reflection and got lost in a different memory involving letters and notes and posts.

            “Magandang sumulat si Dawn so lalo na pag bumabiyahe ako lage siyang nag-iiwan ng letters sa ‘kin.... Sa sobrang in love mo sa ‘kin di mo na maalala ang ginawa mo.”

            “Kumikislap yata ang mata ko. Eto nga siguro yung sinasabi ni Vice,” he whispered, staring at his own eyes that he thought only shined for Dawn --- the thought of her, the feel of her, everything about her then and now.

            Glancing at the flower-shaped clocked he thought, tama na ang daydream, one hour and thirty minutes na lang ang reality o.