Singing and sleeping (Ryders POV)

Damn it, how could you do that to our mate!, my wolf growled at me.

I don’t know, maybe because you got that all high and mighty, possessive feeling all inside me, telling me to attack our own little brother just for admiring our mate! , I snapped back at him.

            Only we are allowed to look at her that way you ass! and it wasn’t my fault that I got so angry…, he whimpered, she’s too beautiful and she doesn’t even realize it

Yes, she certainly is, I sighed, my thoughts turning to think about the way her lips were so sensuous and delectable, the way her hair fell down her back in loose curls that ended between her breasts, the way her skin looked so creamy and delicious I wanted to kiss, nibble, and lick it…

            Do you hear that? My wolf purred suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. Damn I was so close to needing a cold shower.

Hear what-, I thought back but my train of thought and my heart stopped as I heard the most beautiful voice sing.

….In darkness I’ll be your light

If you’re losing, I’ll be your fight

If you’re still unsure, I’ll be sure to make it all right…

My wolf howled with yearning, clawing at my insides to go to that voice.

Without a thought or care I ran out the room, running down on the stairs as the voice filled my ears again.

When the world starts to stress me out, to you is where I run,

It’s to you boy without a doubt that you’re the one,

You’re the one, who keeps me sane…

            I felt my heart flood with happiness with each word because I felt every word that was sung by that beautiful voice was about me. I reached Nicklaus’s door, my heart filled with jealousy as I listened, not daring to barge in and stop that beautiful voice from singing.

I could never feel alone with you in my life

I lose my thought looking in your eyes

You don’t know what you done to me

 now the sun has broken through the rain

Taking away with it, all these tears and years of pain

I just hope, baby, you feel the same…

            I shuddered, my knees going weak as slid down the door, my wolf purring inside me. I would need a cold shower once I get the strength to stand back up.

After a while I felt sleepy, but I needed my Mate to sleep in bed with me, a thousand times more than I needed Teddy to sleep in my bed still. I wanted her now, wanted to hold her like I did back in her room at her old pack house, when I saw the scars and bruises on her exposed body. My heart was broken, seeing my mate so broken, but she was strong. She has lived a horrible life for years, and by the way she hesitated in telling me about how awful it was I could tell she had never complained or told anyone else. I had wanted to mend her so bad, kiss away all her fears and let her feel how much I already loved her, how I’d never leave her or hurt her like everyone else had.

I felt so ignorant for not looking for her sooner, like I had a part in each bruise and scar on her heart and body. I wouldn’t let anything hurt her now. I would keep her safe, even from myself. I felt like such a dick for getting jealous and possessive earlier, I knew deep inside I was hurting her but I can’t see or think straight when I’m with her. I don’t want to think at all, I just want to feel; feel her body undermine, hear her moan my name and scream it at the top of her lungs as I make love to her. I want to devour her, give her everything I could ever give a person and love all her pain away. 

I felt my wolf whine for her, wanting so badly to get up and jump her bones. I still felt weak in the knees, but I stood up and stumbled into Nicklaus’s room. I saw her sitting on the bed beside him, her eyes too focused on his sleeping form as I walked up behind her as she brushed his bangs from his eyes.  My heart swelled, wanting her to touch me like that. A whine escaped my lips before I could stop it. She didn’t jump like I expected her to, but softly turned to face me as she got off the bed.

I felt my eyes sting as she looked at me, feeling so ashamed of myself. I went down on my knees and beg for forgiveness until she led me out the room, careful to not wake Nicklaus up. She hugged me to her as I cried into her shoulder. I felt so weak and helpless knowing she was upset with me, it was like this knife driving deeper and deeper into my heart slowly, burning like poison and only she could take it out. All I wanted to do was put a smile on her so kissable lips… I mentally shook myself away from those thoughts but was caught off guard when she wrapped her arms around me tighter but softly, like I was about to break.

“Baby…” I whimpered, my heart burning with pain, practically melting in the feel of her arms around me.

“Don’t be sad Ryder, I’m not mad anymore. Let’s just go up to your room.” She smiled, pecking me on the lips reassuringly. I still felt bad and I wanted to kiss her more, to stop my train of thoughts with the feel of her lips on mine and kissed her again.

I groaned inwardly, mentally kicking myself for almost losing the privilege to kiss her. I growled when she pulled away too quickly, pulling her back to me with my hands on her hips as I pressed my lips to hers. I felt her chest vibrate against mine as she chuckled at me. I felt silly deep down but all I cared about was kissing her, I couldn’t seem to help myself as we walked away from Nicklaus’s room and up the stairs to mine. Her lips are just so soft, and taste so good… ugh I definitely was going to need a cold shower now. I opened the door, and closed it before pressing her against it. I parted her lips with my tongue, slipping it inside and moaned when hers slid against mine. This felt too damn good to ever give up…