Chapter Twelve: Prima Donna

Start from the beginning

Back within the regal boudoir, Grimhilde was placed within a corset. The managers had a firm grip on the strings and pulled with all their might. Soon the back openings joined together and all the two managers had to do was tie a bow with the pink silken ribbon.

"Prima Donna your song shall live again," Grimhilde told herself triumphantly as she looked at herself through the large mirrors she was standing before.

Grimhilde was clothed head to foot in pink. At that moment she was wearing a Chemise that was underneath her corset and panniers. Her neck held a large diamond necklace with two earrings to suit. She wore a cap that held all her black raven hair, so she may wear her wig.

"Think of your public," the managers state again towards Grimhilde who nodded her head.

"You took a snob, but there's a public who needs you," Grimhilde announced to all, who just simply nodded towards her.

Elsewhere, Madam Terpsichore grabbed ahold of the pageboy costume dismally. She knew there would be a consequence of the manager's foolish decision. The Phantom never lied. Never.

"She has heard the voice of the angel of music," Madam Terpsichore whispered as she brushed her hand over the fabric of the costume. Sighing deeply, she turned to return to Elsa and Anna.

Back with Grimhilde, a bottle of champagne was opened. With no glasses, they had to result in using Grimhilde's delicate pumps that somehow was able to hold the liquor without leaking.

"Those who hear your voice liken you to an angel," the managers stated to Grimhilde who smiled at the compliment.

"Think of their cry of undying support," Grimhilde stated in a dreamlike state as she looked ahead. Talking to herself yet again.

The two managers smiled fakely towards Grimhilde before turning to one another.

"We get our Opera," Lumier whispered to Cogsworth who nods slightly.

"She gets her limelight," He whispered back while placing his hand over his mouth so that only Lumier could hear his words. Lumier nods his head while his eyes widened slightly.

Vlad, Grimhilde's husband, passed the pink shoe that was filled with sparkling champagne to Cogsworth who gave a fake gratified smile. Who would desire to drink champagne from a shoe?

"Follow where the limelight leads you," Grimhilde said to no one in particular. Quickly she gestures vulgarly for Cogsworth to drink, which earns a false smile to appear on his face. No, indeed he did not aspire to drink from the slipper. Who would?

"Leading ladies are a trial," Cogsworth whispered as Lumier heard and nodded in agreement. Gradually he placed the slipper to his lips and took small sips. Unmistakably, he detested the experience.

Grimhide was then sat back down on a lounger which was being carried. The two poor souls at the front carrying a lounger were Lumier and Cogsworth. Both not pleased, at all. Her canines were placed within the seat with her. Grimhilde waved like a queen, to those who watched her.

"Prima Donna, you song shall never die. You'll sing again, and to an unending ovation," again she was talking to herself. No one said a word. Afraid of the consequence if they suggested she was becoming deranged.

Elsewhere in the Opera Populaire, the Vicomte de Chagny was storming down the corridors. Listing to himself the features the Phantom has formulated within the letters, "Orders! Warnings! Lunatic demands!"

The two managers were having trouble bearing the lounger, but they struggled on. Though they would not say it out loud, the lounger was particularly heavy. They just about managed to say,"Tears. Oaths. Lunatic demands are regular occurrences."

"Think how you'll shine in that final encore," she daydreams with a sigh. Still, she was talking to herself. Still, she waved like a queen to the watchers from the balconies.

"Surely there'll be further scenes worse than this," both gentlemen reassured themselves as they strived on. Grimhilde could feel how their strength was declining as the journey now became unbalanced.

"I must see these demands are rejected!" Hans announced out loud as he climbed the golden staircase. He had an exasperated expression as he made his way forward.

"Who'd believe a diva happy to relieve a chorus girl," Lumier said with a sigh. They were finally able to let go of the chair and relax. Finally, they were able to stand with no weight holding them down.

"Who's gone and met with the patron," Cogsworth stated with raised eyebrows. Lumier merely nodded towards his partner.

At that point, Grimhilde's skirt for the gown was ready. All was pink and huge in size. Overall, the dress was fit for a duchess. Grimhilde looked to be a Georgian Dutchess who had an exceptional taste in fashion.

"Hans and the soubrette, entwined in love's duet," Lumier suggested with a smile.

"Although he may demur, he must have been with her!" Cogsworth stated which caused Lumier to sigh at his friend's bluntness.

"Oder Glück! Nicht einmal verlassen!" Gimhilde announced to her husband who smiled at her lovingly and nodded his head towards her. To Vladimir, his wife looked elegant in the Georgian garment. His Dutchess.

"You'd never get away with all this in a play," Lumier declared as the two of them circled Grimhilde as her menials started to prepare her hair for the wig.

"But if it's loudly sung and in a foreign tongue it's just the sort of story audiences adore," Cogsworth added as he gave a slight nod to Lumier. They both continued to circle Grimhilde who was paying no attention to them.

"In fact a perfect opera!" Lumier stated loudly as Cogsworth nodded his head in agreement. Still circling the young Grimhilde who seemed to be shining brightly with her white wig upon her head. The giant wig was two foot long and held pink flowers within it and pink bows.

Four women walked alone down the long corridors. Madam Terpsichore led the way, as Anna and Rapunzel held Elsa who was still in shock. Her head was down as if she was in thought, while the two girls directed their friend and watched her with concern.

"For if his curse is on the opera," Rapunzel whispered to Anna who quickly shook her head, as she did not believe it was an appropriate conversation to have in front of Elsa. Gradually, Rapunzel looked away wishing and hoping that the Phantom would not stay true to his word.

"Primadonna the world is at your feet!" Cogsworth stated as he held Grimhilde's left hand, while he gestured to the crowd that had gathered around her. Standing on her right side was her husband who watched her with loving eyes, as always.

"A nation waits, and how it hates to be cheated," the audience of cast yelled as they all watched a bewildered Grimhilde

"Light up the stage..." Cogsworth yelled as he gave a swift smile to the women dressed as a dutches who was by then preparing for her performance.

"With that age-old rapport," Lumier slowly added as he walked across the stage to stand next to his companion who was stood next to Grimhilde.

With their managers commands the lights of the theatre was swiftly lit. Bright lights took over the darkness of the theatre. The light had consumed all areas of darkness, all except above the stage. The Catwalk.

"Once more!" The two managers yelled as they had finally finished their grovelling. It was time for the show to begin. It was time to go against the Phantom of the Opera.