Chapter Two: New Managers

Candles were lit with small burning flames of fire, illuminating the room. Golden roman statues, carvings, and engravings were covering the ceilings and the balcony of the upper decks of the grand circle. Walls the colour of red wine, that held candle lights. Velvet seats were scattered throughout all three floors for the audience. The stage was large enough for any production to be taken place.

The theatre was, as usual, grand and wonderful. Nothing could affect its beauty or popularity. It was a treasured theatre. Everyone who had attended a production adored its appearance.

A glorious carriage pulled into the grand entrance of the theatre. Stopping, two men exit the carriage shaking the hand of their merchant. Shaking hands and exchange names, the two men stood to behold the theatre that they had finally obtained.

The two men were dressed well. Top hats, waistcoats, fur coat, well-earned shoes. One held a small cane for an accessory rather than practicality. The names of these two gentlemen were Lumier Bright and Cogsworth Pendulum. Both were close friends, though sometimes they do not appear to be.

Entering the theatre, they witness the thousands of people who were backstage, rehearsing, stretching, or waiting. Costumes of all kind were seen. Masks, gowns, coveralls, jackets, shirts, hats, jewellery, lingerie, shoes, capes, and many other types of clothing that they could not name. Props from all over the world gathered in the building too. The two owners did not pursue to list the props as they knew they would soon lose count. They also behold the number of stairs and ropes throughout the place. The both of them wondered how many floors the theatre contained.

People were practising in the small, secluded place. There were certain areas for certain people to practice. The ballet was beside the right wing of the stage, where Elsa and Anna were late. Madam Terpsichore rolled her eyes at the two girls, somethings never changed.

Outside of the building, a fine-looking man came controlling a carriage towards the theatre. He had rich ginger hair, with a slender but strong build. Thick eyebrows were above his emotional brown eyes, that most girls dote on. He too dressed well. A lengthy brown leather jacket, a green waistcoat above his white shirt with a pair of black pants. Handsome indeed. His name was Hans, Hans Isles.

They had walked into a rehearsal of 'Hannibal' by Chalumeau. Grimhilde playing Elissa is standing alone, holding a pre, from the approaching Hannibal, a bleeding severed head.

Grimhilde wore a golden corset that sucked her in entirely. A red floor-length skirt was, somehow, pleated beneath the corset. The skirt held a golden detailing embroidered into it with four golden chains descending from her hips. Attached to her right hand was a cape that was fastened to her wrist then swerved down like a cape. On her head held a golden crown filled with small red jewels and two orange braids dropped from the crown.

"This trophy from our saviours, from the enslaving force of Rome!" She sang loudly as she followed Roger Radcliff, the conductor.

A stagehand carries a ladder across the stage as Grimhilde sings. Other stagehands are observed helping with the set and the scenery. A horse was taken across too. A cue of people waited at the very rear of the stage, so that they may come in at their part.

Quickly, Grimhilde tossed the severed head she was holding towards someone who caught it with ease.

"With feasting and dancing and song, tonight in celebration we greet the victorious throng, returned to bring salvation!" The Girls chorus all sang in sync. Marching their way forward, they wore similar outfits to Grimhilde. As they advanced forward, they repeatedly placed their clenched fists to their hearts and then away again.