TWELVE.

CHAPTER TWELVE: Radio Waves

"You can't seriously think I'm gonna leave you, Murphy

"You can't seriously think I'm gonna leave you, Murphy." Sebastian scoffed, shrugging off his jacket and switching it with Murphy's ripped up bloody one. It had only been an hour or two since Bellamy left with everyone and Murphy had been trying to convince him to head back to camp the entire time.

"Just go away Sebastian, I don't want you here." Murphy grumbled, shoving the jacket back at him and turning away. They trudged through thick grass, looking for somewhere to take refuge for the night. Once up the hill, a small cave came into sight. A nook in the side allowing entry for only one. "Fate is literally telling you to go back. There's only room for one."

"Shut up, Murphy. Why do you want me to go so bad?" Sebastian questioned, fiddling nervously with his fingers. There were no torches to light up the dark night, making it difficult for Sebastian to get a good look at Murphy. One of his biggest tells were his eyes.

"Sebastian," He sighed, inching closer. "You can't survive out here alone, and you know that. You don't wake up until someone tells you too. You forget to eat if there's nobody there to remind you. You can't survive out here alone."

Sebastian shook his head, frowning deeply at him. "That's just it, I have you."

"Down here you can't survive with just me," he looked away. "And I can't survive knowing that I'm putting you in danger. I'm better off alone."

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at his best friend before slipping off his sweater and shirt. He held the only weapon he had out, the hilt of his blade facing up for Murphy to grab. "I know you're right, and I'll go back to camp. But only if you take these." He hesitantly took the blade, raising his eyebrow at the pile of clothes being offered to him. "Switch your clothing with mine. Yours are dirty and ripped, I can just fix them at the camp and you can have my nice ones."

He let out a snort, "Aw, Sebby! If you wanted to see me naked you could've just asked."

Once the two boys were all dressed, Murphy was first to instigate the hug. Which was a shock to Sebastian because Murphy had never been one for hugging. They had only ever shared four, and those were when something emotional happened.