FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE: Ice Cold

"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom. The world henceforth will be run by synthesizers. People able to put together the right information at the right time, think critically about it, and make the hard choices. But they aren't always the right ones."

____

____

Sebastian stumbled distraughtly into the icy blood water. The only thing running through his mind being both Blake siblings and the feeling of disappointing another person. He felt his feet hit the animal and he forced a heavy kick at the thing attached to Octavia's thigh. The serpent, unlatched itself and Sebastian pushed Octavia just a little closer to Jasper and the others before being pulled back under and submerged.

His ankle was suddenly locked in the serpent's jaw, air escaped his mouth in gasps of pain, forcing him to inhale the disgusting water. It felt like forever for him as his attempts of freeing himself grew weaker and weaker.

"Sebastian!" He heard slightly over the pounding blood in his ears, then a loud thump in the water like a bullet sounding was heard. And he was gasping in crisp air.

Jasper had hurried into the water as soon as the serpent darted into the direction they had thrown a boulder at. They grabbed hopelessly as Sebastian's shoulders and pulled him up next to Octavia on the side rocks.

Sebastian choked up the water in his lungs, eyes tearing up and throat scratchy. He didn't want to look at the damage. The damage Octavia had or the probably gaping side of his ankle.

"You both are gonna be okay." Clarke told both Sebastian and Octavia, she come up and examined their wounds. "Here, I'll get a better look at it back at the drop ship." Clarke tore one of the shed clothing left on the rocks apart, wrapping it tightly around Octavia's thigh then moving on to wrap majority on Sebastian's ankle.

The six all hugged each other, even Finn had given Sebastian a hug and that's saying something, before deciding to rest for the remaining day. Jasper had carried Octavia while Finn and Monty traded off along the trip to support Sebastian.

____

"You wanted to go first, now quit stalling. Mount Weather awaits." Clarke yelled out to Finn. After resting for the night, as soon as they woke up they had gone out again. The only problem was a stream blocking there path.

They had found an old thick vine hanging from one of the trees and were attempting to swing across the stream. While Octavia had recovered enough to walk, Sebastian had opted out to stay back and wait.