37. Anything to Save Him

"Can you please tell me her room number?" I asked. 

"Taehyung-ah." Irene begged. "Your lung was shot. I was so scared that he would die." Irene said, looking down. 

"My lung? Then how am I even alive right now?!" I asked curiously. 

"Taehyung, don't be curious." Irene said. 

"Do not tell me, that she gave me hers!" I yelled. 

I ran out of the room and searched every hospital room for Hyeri. 

"Hyeri-ah!" I asked. As soon as I entered the last room, I saw Hyeri sleeping with an oxygen mask on her. "Hyeri! You stupid idiot! You should have let me die!" I yelled, clutching onto her hand. 

"You're awake?" the doctor asked. 

"How is she?" I asked him. 

"She is having trouble breathing, now that she only has one lung." he explained. 

"Why did you guys let her?!" I asked. 

"She chose to." Irene added. 

"Was the surgery okay? Is she fine?!" I blurted out questions. 

"She stopped breathing completely during the surgery. But we got her back. She'll be okay." Irene said. 

I turned around, and soon felt arms around my waist. 

"If I begged you to stop running away from me, would you stop?" she asked. 

"No. Because, the girl lying in that bed will be the only person that i'm running towards." I said. 

"How do you think she will react when she realizes that it's you?" Irene asked. 

"She may run away, but that only gives me a better reason to run towards her." I said. 

"I hate you, you know that right? I hate you you JERK!" Irene shouted. 

"Hate me. Hate me, so that you will no longer be hurt. So that you will no longer love me, because i'm not trying to play with you. I sincerely, don't want you to feel loved by me." I said. 

Hyeri P.O.V.

flashback

"It says that one of your lung, is not really well." the doctor said. 

"I know that." I answered. 

"We can't continue with the surgery then." the doctor 

"No! Continue. Give him my lung. The better one. Leave the worst one with me." I said. 

"We can't do th-" 

"Do it. Save him." I said. 

"As you wish then." The doctor added. 

end of flashback