Michael Makes An Entrance

Start from the beginning

Snapping out of the trance, I skipped out onto stage, singing, "Michael makes an entrance!" I snickered at the bewildered look on Jeremy's face. His eyes flickered to the bottle of Mountain Dew Red I held above my hand proudly. My sleeve began to slip, showing a few scars that only Jeremy could see. I put my arm down quickly, pretending as if it didn't happen.

"Michael," he smiled and engulfed me in a long deserved hug. I hugged him back affectionately, the audience cooed at the scene.

"I was just in the audience, thinking 'This is pretty good for a school play!'" I explained, my angry feelings dissipated upon hugging Jeremy. "Then I was like... 'This is way too good for a school play!!!!' They've all been Squipped, right?"

"W-W-Wait," Jeremy stopped the commotion. It felt like it was only us two in the room as he stepped closer, "You came to see me in the play?"

Plastering a smile on my face, trying to shoot down the idea of Jeremy liking me, I made a joke, "Even brought my own refreshments."

"Is that?" The tall boy looked down at my hand.

"Mountain Dew Red. Told you I did my research. Oh, hey, Jake?" I called over to the boy who was tending to Rich. "This is gonna sound weird, but if I hold down Jeremy, can you make him drink this Mountain Dew Red?"

He smiled, brushing a strand of hair from the now sleeping Rich's face. Something was definitely going on there... "Actually, that doesn't sound weird at all."

"Up, up, down, down, left, right, A," the Squip muttered, snickering as Jake whined in pain.

"I was already pretty boss before
Now I'm totally boss and then some more!
I'm livin' the upgrade!" He sang, humming and taking a seat besides Rich, who instinctively melted into Jake's side.

Leaving me in shambles and worry, Jeremy was quickly dragged of by Chloe and Brooke, "There you are, Jeremy."

"I just want you to know I'm not mad that you broke my heart and then slept with my best friend," Brooke assured.

"And I'm not mad you dated my best friend and didn't sleep with me," Chloe added.

The two looked at each other in confusion, giving Jeremy the chance to crawl away slowly. "He didn't sleep with you?"

Chloe shook her head, "No."

"He didn't sleep with me!" Brooke squealed. "No!" Chloe squealed impossibly louder.

The two started speaking in unison, "Oh my god, why was I so jealous of you?" They gasped. "You were jealous of me? That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me! Sisters forever! Jinx!"

I groaned before shoving the Mountain Dew Red down Jeremy's throat hastily. I threw it to the side, checking on the boy, since he was having a fit. The situation with Rich was taken care of as I already passed him and Jake a bottle.

"Michael, the bottle. There's still a few drops left." I squinted at him, not amused.

"How am I supposed to get past them?" I gestured to the whole cast who were now blocking every exit.

"Apocalypse of the Damned. Level Nine," he began with a smile. We both stood. "The Cafetorium!"

I nodded, "Got it!"

Me, Michael the boy who gets stoned in his basement while playing video games. Him, Jeremy the boy who people think he's going to be a school shooter. We maneuvered through the whole brain dead cast, making our way to the bottle. I was stopped by Jenna Roland.

"I know what you're doing, Michael.
I know what everyone's doing. All the time," she shrieked in anger but held me close to her. It was extremely uncomfortable. The cast was going on about how connected they felt to each other, as if they were a bunch of high hippies.

Finally, the Squip looked concerned and unsettled, "Ah! You don't want to drink that, Jeremy!"

Noticing that Jeremy had the bottle of Mountain Dew Red with him, I smiled, trying to getting away from Jenna who was stronger than she looked.

"Why not?" Jeremy questioned. If my arms weren't constricted, I would have face palmed at how dumb he could be.

"Because," he scrambled for something to say. "Then you'll never be with her!"

Christine appeared, a dazed love struck look on her face. It was so fake that I felt bad for her. She shouldn't be in this. Christine Canigila was too pure for this horrible high school life. She started to sing, "You are the person I want to be with every day. And this is something that I've been afraid to say."

"That is not Christine." Jeremy scrunched up his face in confusion, not buying it at all.

The Squip was quick to lie, "I assure you, it is! Only her fears and her insecurities have been removed!"

"You're the guy I am so kinda into. The guy I am totally into. This feeling is new. Jeremy, I love you." An irrational pang of anger coursed through me as I threw Jenna off of me and made my way towards the Squip.

"That's your cue!" He yelled as I punched him. Punching his head and kicking him and doing anything violent seemed to have no effect on him, but it sure felt good. That is, until he flung me off of him.

Jeremy's eyes flickered to me before he spoke, "She'll do whatever I want?"

The Squip smiled before making his way to Jeremy. "That's what I promised."

"Great. Drink this." Christine obeyed fast, drinking up the last bit of what was in the bottle.

"Wait-" The Squip was cut off by screams and miniature explosions destroying his fake body.

"Jeremy!" He called. "J-Je-Jeremy? Jere-re-" After many series of wails and screams from everyone, the Squip was gone. The cast was okay. The audience gave us a standing ovation.

It was all over. We were okay. The Squip was gone.

"Jeremy," I whispered. As if the boy had heard me, he whipped around and ran over to me.

He looked worried as he checked my face for any cuts. I let him do what he wanted, just enjoying being close to him. Then he took my arm and pulled up my sleeve. I flinched at the Action but made no objection. "Thank God these are old."

Jeremy pulled me into an embrace once more before pulling away a little. I tilted my head slightly, not understanding. But then that's when it happened.

He kissed me.

The audience clapped louder at the interaction between us, wolf whistles sounding loudly.

I laughed lightly, looking up at him before turning to look at Rich and Jake who were all over each other. "Guess we're not the only ones, huh?" Jeremy said awkwardly. I only smiled and reconnected our lips once again.