pastel picture

they stayed in that position for 4 minutes and 47 seconds, as tord counted. he had nothing else to do. tom sobbed the whole time, crying like a child but tord didnt mind. tord shed light tears. he refused to let himself cry. he only let soft whimpers escaped his lips occasionally.

they were both laying down on the dock now. the were streched out, now no space between the two. their hands were so close, tord had to told back the ugre to grasp toms.

"im sorry, im so emotional. its probably annoying." tom sniffed.

"its not. i deal with this all the time."

thats when they heard someone yell from behind them, "hey! its dangerous, get off of there!"

tom and tord both looked back to see a patrol officer. he looked like a blurry figure. at first it was hard to tell, but the uniform gave it away. they both got up and walked off the dock, secretly blowing off the officer. walking past the man, tord apologized,

"sorry, sir." the officers reply was firm grunt. he was doing a good job keeping that serious expression on.

"so, what now?" tom asked whilst awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"i dunno." tord replied, shrugging.

"lets go somewhere where its not cold." tom said, acknowledging that tord was freezing to death. he was violently shivering and his teeth were loudly chattering .

tord gave him a quick nod and then looked around for any buildings. fog covered the whole area, limiting tords field of vision.

"i cant see anything." tord said, squinting.

"me neither." tom added.

tord thought for a while and scanned the dimly lit area.

"we could drive somewhere.." tord suggested.

"one problem. i dont have a car." tom added, shrugging at tord.

"wha- how did? we can- wait. hold on. just. we can take mine." tord stuttered, questions filling his mind. tord began to walk through the parking lot, motioning for tom to follow.

"i walked." tom answered.

"i feel so bad, you could have called me. i would have picked you up." tord said, rubbing his arm for warmth.

"its fine. i cant really afford a car anyway. i dont need one." tom added.

they approached tords small sedan.

"like my corvette?" tord joked. his car was anything but a corvette. tord could only dream of having one. though, he was satisfied with it. despite its rustly engine and constant failure to hold a proper amount of gas, he liked it.

"i love it." tom complimented, seeming serious about it.

"get in." tord commanded, motioning to the passengers seat.

once both were in the car, tord said,
"in advance, im sorry if it brakes midway. its really old and rusty."

they pondered on where to go.

"i dont know this town all that well." tord informed, running his hand around the steering wheel.

"i only know my way from here to my house." tom added.

"well, there is no where to go, i guess." tord assumed.

"i have a one room apartment that is normally cold and always dark. there are weapons scattered around the room." tom suggested.

"sounds fun."

tom told tord the adress and the headed off towards there. the car sputtered into action.

tords main goal basically was to get all of the wepons out of the house. he needed to keep tom safe.

//

the apartment complex was many brick buildings on one large piece of land. tom led tord into the one closest to the parking lot. it was quiet inside and obviously air conditioned a bit to much. tord didnt see a difference in the temperatures outside in inside. both were very cold.

they went upstairs and down a narrow, horribly lit hallway. at the end was a door where tom lived.

tom opened the door and let tord in. he shut the door behind him.

tord really couldnt see anything, it was all pitch black. he put his hands infront of him, as to not bump into anything.

"tom, where are the lights?" tord asked, slowly maneuvering his way around the room. he stepped on things that scattered across thw ground, but all he could care about were lights.

"you will get used to the darkness." tom stated.

tord took a step foward, tripping over something on the ground. he stumbled foward, but before he touched the ground he hit something. a wall. this didnt seem like an ordinary wall, though. it was soft and.. grabbed him?

two arms wrapped around tord, preventing his fall.

this wall, it was tom.

"you really need to buy lights." tord ordered, steadying himself on tom.