vintage

the night was a blur for tom. he didnt remember going to sleep in his bed or the reason why tord was next to him, hugging him for dear life. though, the bad headache and empty vodka bottles scattered across the floor explained most of it.

he looked down at the norski and put his hand on tords head, brushing his bangs out of the way. he smiled at the sight of tords adorable, sleeping face.

oh tord, tom thought and smiled weakly at tord. his first whole-hearted smile.

tord stirred, loosening his grip on tom. his gray eyes fluttered open and darted around, then at tom.

"morning." he mumbled, rolling off of tom and getting up. he swiftly pulled a cigar from his pocket and turned to tom.

"do you mind?" he asked, lightly swinging the cigar in thr air.

tom sighed, "fine, but i dont like you doing that."

tord shrugged and lit the cigar with his vintage lighter.

"its addicting." tord said, making rings with the smoke. the room was blanketed with a light, gray layer of fog. he looked at tom and tried to blow a heart. tom choked on the smoke coming at him.

"thats whats bad about it." tom whispered, getting up out of bed and shuffled to the kitchen counter. he began to make coffee for him and tord.

"your addicted to alcohol." tord added, "you finished eight bottles last night."

tom stirred the coffee and laughed.

"i can tell." he mumbled, scanning the bottle-covered floor.

tom handed tord a coffee mug, and took a sip of his own.

"dont you have work today?" tom asked, blowing at his coffee.

"i have to be there soon." tord replied.

"shouldnt you get ready?" tom said, setting his coffee down on the table.

"i am ready."

"dont you need a uniform, or hat, or something?" tom asked.

"no. thats why i like my job. except for my boss. he can be annoying."

"oh. well i have one question. what happened last night?"

"you were really drunk."

tom thought this was funny but was also disappointed with himself. now he had no more vodka left. tom had almost never let himself slip due to what happened last time. lets just say, it wasnt good.

"oh." tom mumbled, looking down and fiddling with his fingers. "i wasted all of my vodka. that stuff is expensive.  why didnt you stop me?" he asked.

"you were having fun." tord replied, frequently checking the time on his phone.

"i must go." tord announced, placing his empty coffee mug into the sink.

"oh."

tom escorted tord to the door, and just before tord left, tom said

"i love you."

looking back at that, tom should have never said that because tord didnt say anything back. he just stared nervously.

he should have known.

wasnt it obvious?

"i understand." tom said, closing the door and locking it.

thats when he knew,

tords love for him was just an act to keep tom alive and sane.