I folded my arms defensively across my chest and frowned at him.

"Was that necessary?"

He took a moment to think of a response. "Yes."

I sighed, puffing out my cheeks. Well my personal day had come to a sudden end. I drained my lemon lime and bitters in one mouthful. By the time I placed it down, his arms were wrapping around my abdomen, sending an automatic flare of heat underneath my skin.

"Don't you dare-" I began to warn but it was too late.

My body flew in mid-air and I had about two seconds of shock, before my body was submerged into the sickenly cold water. I sucked in a breath automatically, my mouth filling with water. I flailed to the top and began chocking and coughing.

Once recovering from my near-drown, I swivelled my eyes to his. "That's it."

He smirked playfully. "Catch me. If you can."

He didn't need to say it twice. I pulled myself from the pool and took after him, not caring that I was running across slippery cement with wet feet. I was fast, but I didn't play football like he did. I had nothing on him.

He sprinted like Usain Bolt away from me. Soon, I was breathless. Hiding, was my best option. I darted away quickly, before he turned around. I heard his footsteps come to a halt. I smirked, getting exactly what I had planned.

In running games, I hardly ever stood a chance. (Except that one time at the river and still now, it was one of the proudest moments of my life). But hiding games? Well, that was my expertise.

He slowly began walking back to the pool and I followed, finding new hiding places along the way. When he was close enough, I grinned. I launched myself after him and body slammed him into the pool. I ignored the stab of the cold water the flooded around my body. It was worth it though, having caught him off guard. He roared underneath the water and grabbed me.

Uh oh.

He pushed down my shoulders and held my under. I thrashed and flailed at him, but he was too strong. After about five seconds, he pulled me up and I laughed, almost hysterically. He literally could have killed me. With ease.

"Truce." I panted, raising my hands in somewhat of a peace signal. "I call truce."

"Wuss." he smirked.

"Takes one to know one."

"Touche." he laughed.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me to him. "Okay. Truce."

I ignored the fact that my cheek was pressed against the defined muscles of his chest. I also ignored the fact that my heart soared and my fingers slowly ran across his stomach. He released his hold on me. I stared up at him.

I had to say, my self-control had been impeccable. Three days with him and not giving in to his constant attempts to hook up, could be a considered a world record. Honestly, if you saw this God sculpted man before me, you would have trouble controlling yourself as well.

One kiss... just one...

"I should learn to knock." a voice said, effectively snapping me out of my Carter trance. "Oh wait. I did."

I jerked my body away from Carter and stared at Aiden. His lips were spread in a thin line. I realised, our position did not look too good. I gulped, moving further and further away from Carter. I pulled myself out with ease and stood there, unsure of what to do.

Aiden's eyes dipped as he took in my body. I took this moment to stare at him as well. He was dressed in a casual shirt and loose shorts. His hair looked slightly windblown, as if he had had the window down in his car when driving over here.