Chapter Thirteen~

Vylad nervously tapped his foot on the tile. He was in the hospital's waiting room, he had been there for Irene knows how long just waiting for any kind of update on Gene. Many unnerving thoughts buzzed through his head, causing a slight headache to form.

'He'll be fine.'  Vylad kept thinking to himself, but a small feeling was forming in his gut, telling him that his thoughts were wrong, something had to be seriously wrong. 

Vylad had the urge to just bust into Gene's hospital room and demand one of the doctors to tell him what was going on, but that would just cause trouble. He sighed and looked up to see a familiar woman talking to the man at the desk.

"He is my son and I demand to see him!" The woman exclaimed. "Ma'am, please listen to me, your son is in critical condition and the doctors are doing all they can to help but they can't have anyone disturbing them, now please take a seat and just wait." The man said. 

"You are  insufferable, ugh." The woman said. "Um.. Ma'am?" Vylad asked as he stood. The woman turned. "I swear if you're security I might just- " She paused when she saw Vylad there. It was Gene's mother. "Oh Vylad, I was just about to start looking for you, I came as soon as I called." She said. "Do you know anything?"

"No I don't, they won't tell me anything either." Vylad replied. "I'm so glad you were with him when that happened, if he were at home up in his room I don't think I would of heard him.." His mom said, sitting down and putting a hand on her forehead. Vylad sat next to her. "I had to drop his son over at a friends house, he kept asking what was going on but I just couldn't tell him." She said. 

"I understand that completely." Vylad said. "What do you think could be going on with him?" His mother said. "I have no idea." Vylad replied. "I tell you I bet it has something to do with the alcohol and those damned drugs.." His mother said. "But every time we've been out he had nothing alcoholic to drink, he didn't even smoke- Wait drugs?" Vylad asked.

His mother nodded. "He did drugs in high school, I don't know if he carried on with it through college but.. I tried so hard to get him to stop, I just wanted him to be healthy and happy.. Now look at what's happened.." She started to tear up. "My baby is in the hospital for the second time in the past month.. I just wonder if things would be different if I had tried harder to help him get out of his addiction.." She said, her voice cracking.

"Ma'am, it's not your fault, it was his choice." Vylad said. Gene's mother cried into her hands. "I just want him to be okay, dear Irene please let him be safe." She whimpered. "Vylad Ro'Maeve, Maria?" The doctor asked. "Yes? Oh please tell me he's alive!" His mom exclaimed. "Yes he is, but he's not awake right now, you can come on back if you want." The doctor said. "Please." Vylad said. 

The doctor nodded. "Follow me and I'll take you back there." The doctor said before walking off. Vylad and Gene's mother followed him down the long hallway, but what the doctor had told him didn't ease his nerves at all.