Chapter One~

I softly pushed Gene away and looked at Dante. Gene gave me a confused look but it was quickly wiped off his face when he saw Dante. "You have got to be kidding me!" Dante yelled. "What are you doing here.." I spat, glaring at him. "I came here to talk to you, but instead I see you making out with my brother!" Dante yelled. "Why do you even care!" I yelled back. "Because I still care about you!" Dante yelled. "Bullshit!" I spat. "So... I ask for another chance and you cast me aside and go out with my own brother!?" Dante asked. "We're not going out!" I yelled. "Than why were you kissing him!?" Dante asked. "He kissed me!" I yelled. "But you kissed back!" Dante exclaimed, his face turning red. "WOW I'M SURPRISED YOU NOTICED AT ALL CONSIDERING YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME!" I screamed in his face. "I.. I.." Dante just looked at me. "That's what I thought... Why don't you go back to fucking your boyfriend?" I said, turning around and placing my hand on the door knob. "Vylad, wait." Dante said, his voice cracking. I didn't answer. "I still love you.." He said. I inhaled sharply. "You want to know what I think of that!" I asked. "W-What..?" Dante asked, a bit of hope in his voice. I spun around and grabbed the collar of Gene's shirt. I pulled him down and crashed my lips onto his. The kiss lasted for a few moments before I pulled away and threw open the door, storming inside of the apartment and slamming it closed again. I slid down the back of my door and buried my face in my hands. Tears started pouring from my eyes for some reason and I couldn't stop them.

~~~

I had fallen asleep like that, sitting with my back pressed to the door. I didn't want to wake up but I knew I had to when I heard a light knocking. I groaned and stood up, rubbing the tiredness from my eyes before opening the door. I was surprised to see Gene standing there, he actually looked nice, considering his normal look of sloppy and disorganized. In his hand he held a single stargazer lily. "H-hey, Vylad.." He stuttered. Wait, stuttered? "Gene, what are you doing here so early?" I asked. "Um.. It's noon..." He said. "Oh..." I muttered. Gene handed me the lily. "Um.. Thanks.." I said, awkwardly as I looked down at it. "Listen, I want to talk to you about what happened last night." He said. "What about it?" I asked. "I want to know if that kiss meant anything to you or if you were just doing it to teach Dante a lesson." Gene said. I stopped breathing for a moment. "I see.." Gene said, turning around to leave. "Wait!" I exclaimed, grabbing his wrist. Gene looked straight into my eyes and I looked back. I felt a warm blush spread across my cheeks.

Please don't tell me I'm going to fall for him.