Chapter Five~

Gene's POV.
"Mom, please.." I said as she hugged me tighter. "You should've listened to me! But noooo! Momma knows nothing!" Mom yelled. "I know.. I'm sorry.." I said. "I tried to get you to stop back in highschool but I couldn't, this is my fault! I should've tried harder to get you to stop!" Mom yelled as she started to cry. "N-no! Mom it's not your fault! I should've listened.." I said, feeling guilty. She finally pulled away from the deadly hug and wiped the tears off of her cheeks. "I'm just glad you're okay, when Dante called and said you had gotten Alcohol poisoning, I could only think of the worst! Not many people survive from that!" She exclaimed. "Well... I'm fine, for now at least.." I said.

Right when I said that, the doctor walked in. "Well, Mister you are a very lucky.. You don't seem to have anything wrong with you, normally people who get Alcohol Poisoning don't survive, or at least don't get out of it without brain damage. "Thank Irene!" Mom exclaimed. I looked over to Vylad who was leaning up against the wall, watching the entire thing go down. I really do like Vylad, but I've been kind of a jerk to him lately, especially since I've kissed him like four times now without his consent. "Um, did you hear me sir?" The doctor asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "What?" I asked. My mom shot me a glare as the doctor repeated his question. "Is there anyone you can stay with until you can recover?" He asked. "Um.. Well.." I started. "He'll be staying with me." My mom said. I let out a sigh of relief, honestly I didn't know who would even let me stay with them.

"Good, now, we do have to talk about possibly get rehabilitation, if you can't fix this in the next few weeks.. But for now we'll keep you overnight to see if you stay stable.." He said before leaving. "Where's Dante?" I asked. "He said he had to leave early.. Oo! Did you hear he got engaged!?" Mom asked, instantly turning excited. "H-he did?" I asked. "Yeah! He ran into me when I got here and I noticed the ring.." My mom started to ramble and I looked over to Vylad who had his arms crossed and looking down.

"Gene, I have to go, but I'll come and pick you up tomorrow, just.. Promise me you'll stop.." My mom said before kissing me on the forehead and then leaving. "Yes Ma'am.." I said. I turned my attention to Vylad. "I'm sorry about my brother.." I said. "No, it's fine.." Vylad started to smile. "Plus I think I've found someone else.." He said. I instantly felt sad, I liked down in defeat. "Who?" I asked.

Vylad walked up and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "I'll let you figure out.." He said before leaving, which left me, blushing and smiling like an idiot.