Chapter Eight~

Gene's POV.

Zenix

Zenix....

Zenix was standing right there, a blank look on his face. My mouth was hanging open, probably going all the way to the floor. I want to run to him, to hug him, to kiss him, to tell him how much of a mess I was without him.

'No' I thought. 'Think about Vylad..' I took in a deep breath. "Hey there, I wasn't expecting to see you Zen-"

"So you live with your mother?" Zenix scoffed. "Pathetic.." He muttered. "No.. No it's only temporary.." I said. "Sure.." He said. I furrowed my brow. "So why are you here, I thought you left town." I said. "I came back to find you." Zenix said. "Really? Surely you don't want to get back together.." I said. "Oh heavens no, I'm married to someone.." Zenix said. "Of course you are.. Then why are you here? To mock me?" I asked.

Zenix took in a deep breath. "No.." He said. "Then why?" I asked. "James!" Zenix yelled. A small boy ran in from outside. He looked to be about five or six years old. He had black hair and brown eyes. "Yeah, Dad?"

I looked down at him and tilted my head to the side. "Gene.. Well.. James is my son, and.. You're the father." He said. My mouth dropped open again. "Wh-What!? No way I'm the father!" I exclaimed. "You are! Damnit that's the reason I left you! I didn't want him to grow up with you!" Zenix yelled. "And why not!?" I asked. "Because you're nothing but a no-good alcoholic! And you always will be!" Zenix yelled again.

I growled a little. "For your information I'm doing a lot better! So why don't you wait until making assumptions!" I yelled. Zenix sighed. "Whatever.. But you're keeping him for the next few weeks.." Zenix said out of nowhere.

"What!? You just can't come here, claiming this is my child and then just leave him with me!" I yelled. "If you don't believe me, get a DNA test.. But if you won't keep him, I can and will get a court order.." Zenix hissed.

I scoffed. "Fine.. I don't need to go to court again.." I said. "James, go get your bags.." Zenix said and the little boy ran out. I looked at him. "So how did you even find me?"

"I asked around, so are you with anyone?" Zenix asked. "Well, there's Vylad but I'm not sure if we're official yet." I said. "You mean the guy you sexually harassed back in college?" Zenix asked. "And you're saying he's interested in you?"

I shrugged. "It's really none of your business." I said. Zenix rolled his eyes and the boy ran back in. Zenix kneeled down in front of him. "Okay, remember to behave, and if anything happens.. Call me and then the police.." Zenix said, glancing up at me. "Okay Dad." James said.

Zenix hugged him before standing up. "Bye." He said to James before walking out.

I looked down at the kid again and tilted my head to the side. He looked back up at me before kicking me on the knee and running into the bathroom.