Chapter Nineteen

Victor

Victor

The moment Sang noticed our intense stares, her cheeks deepened in color and she was quick to look away and continue her dance with Henry. She was incredibly light on her feet even though her steps were still awkward and unpracticed. A soft smile graced my lips while I watched her. 

"Holy gods," I heard Gabriel mumble. I was prepared to punch him myself if he so much as breathed one wrong word about Princess, but the moment didn't come. "That dress is a fucking masterpiece. Who the hell dressed her? Oh, and that hair. Oh my gods that hair..." I was quick to tune him out at that point.

"I'll take the third dance," Owen said, almost sounding bored. He wasn't fooling any of us, though. 

Sean shamelessly gawked at his friend before he pulled himself together and put on a lopsided grin. "Aha! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist her allure for long. Welcome back to the land of the living, my friend." Sean slapped a hand over Owen's shoulder and shook him like a proud father.

Sharp grey eyes focused on a snickering Luke and narrowed into a glare. The snickers immediately seized and turned into rough coughs. I shook my head in exasperation before weaving my way through our large group of brothers and approached the dance floor.

Henry was the first to spot me and leaned down to whisper in Sang's ear, all the while giving me a glare that spoke volumes—you hurt her and you die. I inclined my head in a short nod. Even if the message was soundless, I heard it loud and clear.

As I approached the two, Henry gave her a soft kiss on the cheek and spun her around in a circle, passing her off to me. Gently placing a hand on her waist and grabbing onto her right hand, I noticed that her eyes were sparkling with a joy that I had yet to witness from her. It was a great change from the usual emptiness that sat there, and it was breathtaking. 

Although she looked magnificent from afar, her beauty increased tenfold while she stood in my arms. Princess didn't lather on bright makeup to increase her beauty, she stuck with only natural colors for the occasion.

"You look beautiful tonight," I whispered in her ear. The pace of the music slowed, so we began swaying back and forth.

"Thank you. You look great as well," she said with a shy smile. "I usually don't come to these things, but I'm sure you already knew that by my terrible dancing." Her expression turned slightly bashful, but I knew she had no qualms with teasing herself when she giggled. I chuckled along with her and began leading her around in a circle. 

"What made you decide to come tonight?" I asked curiously. She didn't seem like the type to enjoy these things. Princess had shown much more interest in blood and gore than all the finery. 

With a sad smile, she took a long look around the village square, almost like she was committing it to memory. "This is my last night here so I decided that I wouldn't spend it drowning in self pity. I used to dream of leaving this place, but now..." She shook her head and frowned.