29|| Summertime Sadness

"Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end, it simply means, I'll miss you until we meet again."

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

Chris, Violet, Amelia, and I went to Sadie's funeral. It was sad, really sad. So many people were there, so many people love that adorable girl. Madeline and Zach are really upset, why wouldn't they be? Violet is really upset too, Sadie was her best friend.

I'm upset.

Zach and Madeline live in Texas, they've come back home. I'm baking some cookies for them, which I know won't help much but they provide some comfort.

I should know.

Chris is supposed to be helping. All he's doing is eating the cookie dough. I've prepared some chocolate chip cookies, sugar, and some cookies for cats. Alaska needs some treats too. One of her owners just died.

"Stop eating my cookie dough!" I exclaim, slapping Chris' outreached hand. Chris retracts his hand and scowls at me.

"How rude, I barely ate any." Chris complains with a frown.

"Its not for you. Did your daughter just die?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Chris sighs and shakes his head 'no.'

I roll out the chocolate chip cookie dough and Chris comes up from behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"How am I supposed to make these cookies with you bothering me?" I ask, rolling a piece of dough up into a ball. Chris releases his arms, holding them up in surrender. I think he's done messing with me but he starts to play with my hair. He twirled locks of my hair around his finger.

"Stop!" I exclaim, throwing my arms up.

"Let's go grab some lunch," Chris suggests.

"No, I have to finish making these cookies." I say, shaking my head. Chris groans and starts to poke me in the arm.

"Please, please, I'm so bored." Chris begs, poking me more.

"Go away," I shoo, swatting him with my hand like a fly.

Chris sighs and leaves me alone. I finish putting the cookies in the oven, plopping myself on the top of the kitchen counter.

After about ten minutes, I put the cat cookies in the oven and take out the other two trays of human cookies. Not surprisingly, Chris is back, poking me in the shoulder.

"Yes?"I ask through gritted teeth.

"Lunch?" Chris asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, but you can drive me down to Madeline and Zach's house." I say, flashing him in a smile. Chris nods and helps me put the cooled cookies in a box.

He's being helpful!

"Your being helpful?" I ask surprisingly.

"Their daughter just died, I can only imagine what it would be like." Chris says seriously.

I smile at him and plant a kiss on his cheek. He looks down at me and kisses the top of my head, hugging me close.

"I'm so blessed," Chris mumbles.

"As am I," I reply.

"Lets get going, cookies make everybody happy." Chris says chirpily.

-----------------------