23|| Issues

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

Chris got back early early Monday morning. I was already up, sipping on a mug of piping coffee. Normally, I wouldn't be up that early. But I knew Chris had to come home because he had classes today. So, I woke up at five thirty am. I got dressed and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat on the couch, staring at the door, waving for it to open.

I've decided to confront Chris about this. Normally, I would trust him, because he's not given me a reason not to trust him. Although, he did break my heart which is the main reason why that I refuse to trust him. Like my heart wants to trust him but my brain is telling me not to. I just really need to ask about this. I want to know why he can't trust me.

When Chris got home, it went a little bit like this.

"Hey Sunshine, I'm really tired, but good morning." Chris says sleepily. I feel bad for him and smile. He walks over to me and kisses my cheek before heading into his bedroom. Well, nice confrontation skills, Isabella.

I run off to my room and pace back and forth. Why was I so worried about this? Its just Chris.

"Ugh!" I groan, flopping onto the bed. I overthink everything when it comes to this idiot.

And that was basically it.

Now I was in the kitchen. I was sitting on the counter, eating a bowl of popcorn, overthinking some more. Mm, popcorn is good. Chris walks into the kitchen, scooping a handful of popcorn out of my bowl.

"Hey!" I exclaim, slapping his hand. He laughs and throws a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"Sharing is caring," Chris says, smiling with a mouth full of popcorn.

"Yes, but I don't care." I say with a laugh. Chris scoffs and grabs another handful from me.

"Don't be so rude," Chris scolds.

I ignore what he just said, this would be the best time to bring up the whole 'Tennessee thing.'

"Christopher, can we talk?" I ask cautiously. Chris looks at me weirdly and then puts on a mask of amusement.

"Are you already breaking up with me, we've only been on one date?" Chris asks, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head, letting out a laugh.

"Please, tell me why you were in Tennessee." I beg, putting on my best puppy dog face. Chris's face goes blank and a tightlipped smile appears on my face.

"I just don't want to tell you right now, please just wait for me to be ready." Chris bargains. I nod my head, even though I didn't really want to wait. I wanted to hear his reasoning now.

"Uh, okay..." I say, trailing off. I hop down from the kitchen counter, brushing my pants off.

"Where are you going?" Chris asks me, following behind me.

"I'm going to my room," I say with a shrug. I turn around and head down the hallway towards my bedroom. Before I even take two steps, Chris's hand is around my wrist, pulling me back.

"What did I do wrong?" Chris asks curiously, noticing my mood change.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie, shaking Chris's hand off of mine.