26|| Dylan Duty

"The carousal never stops turning," - Ellis Grey

Isabella Rose Marie Winchester

I hardly knew what 'the doctors think Violet has a virus' meant. But I do know that chemo totally kills your immune system, so the smallest virus could do a lot of harm to Violet.

The doctors moved Violet up to the ICU and gave her some antibiotics to help. Its Monday afternoon, all my classes were finished. Carter just finished up his classes and got home a few minutes ago. Chris would be home in a few minutes and-

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts and I make a face. We aren't expecting anyone and if it were Chris, he has a key. Maybe he forgot it or something, I don't see how he could though, its attached to his car keys. Whatever, I'll answer the door anyways.

I open the door, revealing a boy that looks around my brothers age. Must be Carter or Chris's friend.

"You must be a friend of Carter or Chris, I'm Isabell, Carter's sister." I say, holding my hand out to him.

"I'm Kayden Wilson, but everyone calls me dumb and stupid. You can call me dumb or stupid!" Kayden says, grinning at me.

I can't tell if he's joking or if he's actually that stupid. Kayden is kind of a stupid, football jock. His eyes are brown, but a light brown, like creamer mixed with black coffee. Kayden has short, brown hair, and dresses like a 'normal' boy.

"He's that stupid," Carter whispers in my ear. The sound of Carter's voice made me jump. Carter chuckles, realizing that he scared me.

"People also say 'your an idiot' to me a lot. I asked my mom what it meant and she just told me that I was special." Kayden says with a shrug.

"How old are you?" I ask curiously.

"I'm nineteen, I play football!" Kayden says enthusiastically.

"How exactly did he get into the program?" I ask Carter, he shrugs and closes the apartment door, pulling Kayden inside.

"He's a good player though. Good sportsmanship and just an all around good player." Chris says, opening the apartment door. People always pop up out of everywhere, its weird. I don't understand how they do it.

"Chris is back, back, back, back again, gain gain, tell a friend!" Kayden sings on the top of his lungs.

"Kay is here," Chris says with a laugh.

"Whos Kay? I'm not Kay, I'm Kayden and dumb and stupid!" Kayden says with a frown.

"Always a blast talking to you, Kayden." Chris says with a laugh, patting Kayden on the shoulder.

"Blast? Like a blast from a gun?" Kayden asks with a grin.

He's like a hyper puppy. I can tell that Kayden has the best heart, he's just a bit simple minded.

"Hey, Iz." Chris says, kissing my cheek. I smile as Kayden starts to laugh.

"Chris, your not very smart. Her name is Isabell," Kayden says, rolling his eyes.

Oh, Kayden. I like you already.

---------------------------

Carter was off with Kayden, but Chris is home. I click on the recent text message that I received and raise an eyebrow.

Nash: Your home right?

Me: yeah...

Nash: okay :)