Chapter 34|$74,000,000

Freddi

"Wait! Do you realize that this means that our moms have met before?" I exclaimed, remembering that the two had called each other by their first names.

"Yeah unless they made their introductions outside, and no offense, but if you're mom is a whore like my mother claims, I hope the reason she is, isn't because we're related," Axel said causing me to burst into laughter, before sobering up as I realized the severity of his words.

"What if we are related?" I whispered nervously.

"Well, you don't look Mexican baby girl so I'm gonna say no to that one." Axel laughed.

Fair enough, I reluctantly shrugged the thought away instead, forcing myself to silently admire the passing scenery. "Where are we going?"

"To my parents' cabin. It's not too far away, we should get there in a few minutes, baby girl."

At the word cabin, I gave in to the niggling urge to finally ask the question that had bothered me since he wordlessly loaned me one of his cars, "Babe, exactly how rich are you?"

Axel let out a laugh, a smirk covering his face as he turned left onto a dirt road. "I'm not sure. But according to Google, my net worth alone is an estimated seventy-four million," he replied, his amused voice betraying his calm features.

I began to cough violently, choking on my own saliva. "Seventy-four million dollars!" I exclaimed, staring at him with shell-shocked eyes.

"Yep," he said with a satisfied smirk.

"How the hell have you not been taken and held for ransom?!" I shouted, waving my arms in front of me in an effort to put more emphasis on my words.

"Here we are," Axel announced, still smiling at my reaction as he parked the car in front of an expensive looking log cabin.

I stopped expecting an answer and gaped at the cabin, awed by its sheer magnitude.

We stepped out of the Audi and Axel walked up to the door with me in tow. Using a monkey patterned key, he unlocked the door and immediately began tapping on the alarm system.

I took those few seconds to look around. Large open living room, and from what I could see, a very spacious kitchen. The cabin was decorated, surprisingly, much like Axel's bedroom.

Mostly grays and dark blues, it was obvious he decorated it, but kept it friendly for the entire family by adding pictures of family members and... baby Axel!

"Ohmygosh you were so cute!" I squealed, running over to the picture of a little emerald-eyed boy, wearing a shirt that displayed his name proudly in blue polka dotted letters, with a big toothless grin on his face.

I heard Axel's footsteps as he walked over, moving closer until he was behind me. "Were?" Axel questioned huskily, his arms wrapped snugly around my waist.

"Well, you're sexy now..." I offered jokingly as heat rushed through me.

Axel chuckled as he began hiking up my skirt. "I know nena," he whispered and I blushed a dark shade of red.

It had been a while since he had called me that. For the longest, I had been baby or baby girl. Not nena. It took me a second to realize that I didn't like it as much as I used to.

Strange.

Axel started placing open mouthed kisses along my neck when my phone started ringing. I groaned, checking the caller ID: Okay Parent.

I quickly turned my phone completely off and allowed Axel's lips to continue their journey down my neck.

Axel unzipped what little there was of my top, releasing my bare breasts with a small bounce when his phone rang. He pulled away swearing before turning his phone off as well.

No longer in the mood, I pushed him away and zipped up my shirt.

"Baby..." he breathed longingly, staring at me as though I had just broken his heart

"I'm hungry," I muttered dejectedly as I walk towards the kitchen.

"Baby girl, don't let them get to you," Axel murmured softly, using his body to trap me against the island in the kitchen.

I pouted, nearing tears. He was right, I shouldn't let our parents get to me. But how could we continue to be together when they hate each other and us?

I lowered my gaze to the ground and let out a hoarse laugh, my voice thick with unshed tears, "You said she would love me."

Axel laughed as well and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. "We can't always be great," he started before pausing, "Since sex is off the table, do you wanna play Monopoly?"

I giggled at his offer, nodding my head yes as he released me from the hug and led me to the living room.

. . .

"Hahaha! I own Park Place!" I exclaimed jumping up from my seat on the couch, delighted with the high rent on my new property.

Axel rolled his eyes, folding his arms over his chest. "You know you can't put any houses on it unless I decide to sell Boardwalk, right?"

Damn. He was right.

"You can't either!" I protested looking at the game board. I had successfully claimed the light blues, browns, reds, greens, and yellows. Axel only had the railroads, utilities, pinks, and oranges. So, I guess you could say I was winning. But I'm not really one to brag so...

"Doesn't matter! Whose rich now daddy-o?" I laughed, counting out several hundred in front of his face.

He laughed moving my hand away from him. Grabbing some twenties from the bank, he began fanning them at me one by one.

"Strip!" Axel laughed.

We'd spent the entire day being childish, just goofing off, never turning on the TV or our phones.

We both burst out into hysterical laughter and collapsed on the floor next to each other as we regained our breaths.

"Do you think they're worried about us?" I whispered to Axel, turning on my side to face him.

"Probab-"

"This is the Lesley City Police, open the door," a familiar voice shouted.

Him. I felt my blood chill instantly at the sound of his voice, I was certain that at that moment I was extremely pale.

"Freddi is that-"

"Yes," I cut him off with a hoarse whisper. I had stupidly thought that when Axel rescued me I would have been freed from him, at least for longer than this.

"Shit," Axel swore under his breath before answering the door revealing my father, sober for once, the entire police squad, and SWAT team members, guns ready in their hands.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed, pushing myself in front of Axel.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Published: 07/18/17
Edited: 01/31/18

And again on: 09/22/18