Chapter 19|Quick Maths

Axel

Whistling 'Twisted Nerve' by Bernard Herrmann, as I walked into the school with one arm around Freddi's shoulder, no one had any clue why I was so chipper.

Weasel still hadn't attempted to tell Freddi a damn thing, so I was going to make him wish he was even less of a man than he is now.

Regardless of what happened to that dipshit, my date with Freddi went surprisingly well.

I managed not to jump her like a horny dog, which was difficult seeing as she wore the sexiest dress I had ever seen, my dick twitched slightly at the memory.

"Why are you whistling the creepy tune from American Horror Story?" Freddi asked.

I simply smiled at her in response. Tightening my arm around her, I noticed that she had become less reluctant to my touch even though we had only been on one date.

I think she accepted that she wanted me too because she had been a lot more relaxed. She didn't have a nightmare the previous night either.

She felt safe.

. . .

Showtime.

Since Weasel and I didn't have any classes together, I couldn't confront him at school. I frowned as I thought about it. It would have been fun for him to have to be wheeled out of school.

I exhaled deeply through my nose, that didn't matter I would get him, but first, I had to tell Freddi.

Knocking lightly on her door, I waited for her timid voice to say, Come in, and opened the door.

"Hi," she said shyly, looking up from the homework we were assigned that I even though I knew all of the answers to, that I won't be doing.

"C-can ask you something?" Dammit! I was nervous about seeing her reaction but I couldn't have her call him her friend any longer without knowing what he did.

"Sure..." her tone was uncertain. She was probably just as nervous as I was.

"Promise me you won't be angry once I tell you this?" The words came out in a rush, I was almost certain she didn't even know what I had said.

Her clear, pale blue eyes clouded with uncertainty. "I promise."

At this confirmation, I walked over to sit on the bed near her, making no move to touch her.

"Do you remember what happened on Friday night?" I asked. Not being specific as I knew it still bothered her.

Freddi's face hardened as she gave the slightest of nods.

"Well you know Jack was one of them, right?" Shit! She was going to hate me for not telling her. Again, she nodded, still not saying a word.

"Wesley was one of them too," my voice was suddenly hoarse, forcing the words to come out in a gruff whisper.

As soon as the words left my lips, I could feel the tension rolling off of her in waves.

A lone tear trailed down her cheek. "No! You're lying! He wouldn't do that!" Freddi screamed as she pounced on me, her little fists pounding on my chest, while I made no attempt to stop her.

"Freddi, he did," my voice was morose.

"Is that why he's been avoiding me?" Freddi asked as tears flowed freely down her face.

I looked down, not giving her a direct answer. She took that as a yes, pressing her face into my neck and sobbing uncontrollably.

Mumbling how she was an idiot about calling him her friend, as my arms wrapped themselves around her waist and held her.