Chapter 23

After a few seconds, her gaze became a little intimidating, but I would never allow her to notice it. I smile softly at her before bringing my attention back to our group.

"What are we still standing here for?" Drew asked, his grin wide.

Without another word, we all started to head for the rides.

We hadn't even made it 10 feet before a shrill voice came closer and closer to us.

"Drew, would you mind if we tag along for a little bit? I'd love to see how long you can handle the roller coasters." When I looked over to the other side of Drew, Ella's friend was right next to him.

A little too close for my liking, but I didn't mention it. Instantly my eyes trailed down and rested on a petite manicured hand resting on Andrew's forearm.

My eyes narrowed immediately and I squeezed Drew's hand tighter.

"I mean, sure. We wouldn't mind." Drew responded, not seeming to notice how Ella's little friend was running her hands up and down his arm.

We somehow ended up trailing behind the rest of the group, but I refused to leave Drew's side when this girl was around.

"Oh, Ryan, let's go on the zipper first." Another voice piped in. This one belonging to Ella.

Confused, I looked around for anyone unfamiliar named Ryan who may have joined us at some point.

"Drew, you in?" That grating voice almost made my ears bleed.

My eyes widened when I realize Ella's friend is the one who responded.

You have got to be kidding me.

Drew looked down at me with a raised eyebrow. "Well?"

A satisfying smile slowly grew on my lips. Before answering, I looked up ahead and caught Taylor's gaze.

Reaching up, I plant a kiss on his lips before stepping back. "You go, I'm gonna talk to Taylor really quick."

Drew ran a hand through his dark brown hair frowning slightly. "Are you sure?"

I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest. "Don't worry, I'll still be here when you get off."

He let's out a breathy laugh before taking a hold of my hands. Without a word, he pulls me close and presses his lips to mine. They linger for seconds before the sound of someone coughing breaks us apart.

When I look at the person, my smile seems to get brighter when I see that it was Ryan who was waiting impatiently, her eyes narrowed to slits once more.

That should show her.

Drew eventually makes his way over to his sister and Ryan. Will and Luke both tag along which gives me enough time to talk to Taylor and Callie privately.

When I approach them, they're talking in hushed voices as if someone may be eavesdropping.

"Is there something I should know about Ryan, Taylor? Besides the fact that she's a girl and seems to be drooling over my boyfriend?" My tone comes out a little harsh, but just the thought of the girl makes me irritated, even though I just met her not even ten minutes ago.

"I'm sorry Lona, I wasn't sure if she was actually coming." Her voice comes out a little meek, but nonetheless, she continues. "I know you're upset, but I'll explain everything."

I stand quietly before turning to Callie. "Do you know about her?"

Biting her lip, she nods once. "Um, Taylor told me a while ago, but honestly, we didn't think there would be anything to worry about."

Inhaling sharply, I try to contain my flaring temper. "And I should be worried now, right?"

Taylor took my wrist and started dragging me in the direction of one of the fair concession stands, Callie trails behind. Tay stops just behind it and starts twirling the necklace around her neck. "Okay, listen. a few years ago, Drew and Ryan had a thing. Obviously it didn't last, but they ended up dating for a couple of months."

"W-wait, hold on." I cut her off, my breath hitching. "How is it that you know anything about his past?"

"If you would listen, I could explain." She looked at me pointedly and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Drew was a sophomore at the time. As I'm sure you know, he was considered "popular" at his school so everyone knew of him. Most of the girls drooled over him but there was one girl who took a special interest in him. That was Ryan. She was a freshman. One night at a football game they bumped into each other and...it started from there." When she stopped talking, she took a deep breath.

"That still doesn't explain how you knew before me." I rolled my eyes.

"Lona, if you haven't noticed, Will and Drew have gotten really close ever since they met. Drew told Will everything when Ryan and Ella became friends, and she started to come around a lot more."

Crossing my arms, I huff dramatically. "Why didn't he just tell me?" I questioned quietly.

"He was worried about what you would think. She's been lusting after him since she found out about you." Callie was the one to answer and I looked at her with wide eyes.

Of course she would want him back, but that's not going to happen.

I finally have someone who cares about me to an extreme and I'll be damned if I let her take that from me.

At this point, I don't care if I sound like a clingy paranoid girlfriend. I deserve to be happy with someone I...care about.

* * * *

Hello you amazing readers! Here is yet another chapter for you guys, and it wasn't a months wait! :D I really hope you enjoyed this juicy chapter that I loved writing!

I know that Malona deserves to have all unicorns and rainbows but I really love writing all of this drama and new information.

I'm pretty sure we all know life doesn't go exactly as planned and I want to make this story semi-realistic.

On another note, I just want to say THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR ALLOWING THIS STORY TO REACH 700 READS!

SEVEN-HUNDRED READS!

I am so beyond grateful for every single person who decided to check out my work that is definitely not the best, but I'm learning.  I am lucky to have a writing platform that allows me to wright whatever the hell I want with no boundaries. I keep writing because of the people who continue to come back for more chapters. 

I love you all so much, and once again thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're all fucking amazing human beings<3