Chapter 7

* * * *

* * * *

     "Yeah, that's right," she remarked, scowling at me. 

Doing a once over, I scrunch my eyebrows together and suck in my bottom lip in distaste. She wore a thin black crop top that ended about five inches above her belly button, a pair of jean shorts that ended just below her behind and a pair of strappy open toe lace up heels that almost looked impossible to walk in.

Her outfit would have been decent if she wrapped a flannel around her waist, bought a top a few sizes bigger and replaced the heels with timberland's or ankle booties for crying out loud!

"Is there a reason you're blocking my way?" I snapped, annoyed that my morning-my day, had to be ruined by this rat.

She cackled like the evil witch she was and rolled her eye. "I just thought I'd let you know that this is your last chance to leave Noah and I alone, before I ruin your life." 

I blow out a breath, pulling my bag further up my shoulder. "It's kind of funny how self-conscious you are. I mean, threatening someone who doesn't even give two shits about your boyfriend? That's pathetic."

She took a step closer, narrowing her eyes. "If you don't watch it, I'll have your life tossed around like a fucking toy. And you'll be the puppet."

Her sick smile shook me to the core. This girl disgusted me more than anyone will ever understand. 

"So, I'm supposed to walk on eggshells around you? You know, I've had this nagging question I've been meaning to ask you every time you open your mouth." She looked at me quizzically. 

When she didn't say anything, I continued. "How is it that you have such a big mouth when your brain is the total opposite?" My comment left her looking like a fish out of water. She was speechless as she continued to open and close her mouth. 

Unfortunately my imaginary pat on the back was cut short when Noah came trekking over to us. When he reached us, he draped his arm across Joyce's shoulder before kissing her on the cheek.

He turned to me when he saw Joyce glaring at me like I had just signed my own death wish. "What's going on?" Noah asked keeping a steady gaze on me. 

Wiping the pained expression off of my face, as fast as it came, it was my turn to scowl. "Nothing. I was just leaving."

Before either of them could get another word in or try to stop me, I pushed past them and sprinted into the school. 

* * * *