"No, we understand." One of the Shadowlander rebels speaks up.

Iglesias nods once, offering their group a smile. The smile appears so genuine to Kagon that he hardly notices the nervousness to it.

Without another word, Qin carefully cracks open the door to the main hallway and peers through. After a moment, he slips through. Everyone follows his example, cautiously making sure the hallway is clear before leaving the bathing room.

Once everyone is out, they all walk as a big group until they reach a fork in the hallway. This is when they follow Iglesias' instructions and split up into two groups, with Qin leading one of them and Iglesias the other. Delia and Kagon both end up in the group that goes down the right hallway with Qin at the head.

Their footsteps make light tapping noises on the hard floor as they venture forth. Kagon can't help but be amazed of the walls and high, arched ceilings made of glinting, black stone and the red-glass chandeliers hanging above them.

How can a simple hallway be this beautiful? Kagon wonders as he passes a strange, but beautiful abstract sculpture made of grey clay, shimmering jewels, and river stones. He had never seen anything like it.

Maybe once I return to Pik I can buy a big home within the capital and decorate with art as magnificent as this. The thought brings a small smile to his face. It would be nice to have an actual home to return to after his ventures. It would also be a good place to settle down in once I'm too old for adventuring.

However pleasant his thoughts are, they come to an end once the two forked hallways once again become one. Their group literally almost runs into Iglesias' as soon as they reach Daqa's quarters. Kagon is surprised to see both groups safe, however he is more flabbergasted upon realizing that their group didn't run into any of the Shadowlanders that live in the temple.

Shouldn't their be guards or at the very least other priests and such going from place to place?

Kagon catches Delia's gaze and can tell that her thoughts run parallel to his.

Fates. Kagon inwardly curses. I had been distracted too much from my thoughts to realize that getting to Daqa's quarters had been far less challenging than it should have been.

"This has been far too easy." Kagon whispers loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I completely agree. We should have been intercepted by someone by now." Delia says, biting her cheek warily.

"My group did run into a priest that we had to take care of." Iglesias says.

"Still, shouldn't there be guards? This is the High Priests quarters." Delia argues back.

"It doesn't matter now. Trap or not, we have gone too far to turn back now." Qin states. "We have no other choice but to go forward." He grasps the handle and swings open the heavy door.

They are met with a dark and silent room. "Daqa must be farther in his quarters." Qin gestures their group forwards.

Kagon shakes off the unease in his stomach, seeing it to be cowardice, and goes to follow Qin and the others in. The tight grip of a hand on his shoulder stops him.

Delia's stormy eyes look intensely into his own, worry causing her brows to crease. "You told me when I first met you not to run away from what I fear. I do not want you to believe that I am doing that now, but I seriously think that we should not go into that room.

Kagon pauses, seeing the stoniness in her face and the sureness in her eyes. He nods slowly. "Alright, writer. I understand."

Delia's shoulders sink in relief as Kagon takes a step back from the door.

"Delia, Kagon, what are you both doing?" Iglesias asks, turning to look at the two.

"During your venture to free those villagers from the Shadowlanders I stood and fought by your side. Today, I once again am with you, but I refuse to go in that room with you. There has to be another way."

Iglesias' eyes darken with sadness. "I have always trusted your opinion, Delia, but this time I can't listen to you." At that, Iglesias steps inside.

Kagon quickly looses sight of the man as he walks farther into the darkness of the room.

"What should we do--" Delia is swiftly cut off by the large doors slamming shut. Panicked shouts and loud clanging resound from inside. Delia's eyes go wide and she rushes towards the door, latching on to the handle. Before she can make rattle it, Kagon pulls her away clamps a hand over her mouth.

Delia makes a noise of disdain, but the hero only hushed her and pulls her around the nearest corner.

"You warned them that it was a trap, but they failed to listen. It was all that you could do to stop them. You always tell me not to go into a situation without thinking, so listen to your own advice now. If we try to help them at this point, it will only end in us being in their same condition." Kagon looks at her with his steady blue gaze. "We will save them, but right now we need to wait."

Delia bobs her head and Kagon slowly uncovers her mouth. "What should we do then?" Her voice sounds fragile and shaky.

"I'm sure that Daqa would love to make Iglesias and the rebels watch Gahenna's rise to power. So, we have to go to the sacrifice tonight. It is our last chance."