Ch.7 - The Yule Ball

“I’m screwed.” I moaned to the Lily.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

We stood in the girl’s dormitories. Lily was wearing her emerald green one-sleeved dress that she had received from her parents; she had her hair pulled into a tight bun. I was wearing my purple one that I got from Hogsmeade.

“My hair.” I sighed.

Lily laughed, “Here let me help.” She moved forwards and combed my hair.

“What would I do without you?”

~O~O~O~

Ten minutes later Lily stood back. I turned to the mirror. My long brown hair had been curled and hung down my shoulder.

“Lily. Thank you.” I managed to breath.

She laughed, “Anytime.”

I quickly put on some mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow, much to my dislike.

“You ready?” She asked,

“One minute.” I pulled out my wand and muttered an enchantment. Sparkles flew from my wand and stuck around the top of my dress.

“Ok. I think I’m ready.”

~O~O~O~

“Honestly Katie, stop making a fuss.”

I rolled my eyes, all my confidence was gone and I stood hidden behind the corner of the entrance to the Great Hall.

“I never wear dresses.”

Lily laughed, “It’s just one night. It’d be even more embarrassing if you turned up in jeans and a t-shirt.”

I sighed, she was right…as always.

“Ok. But stick with me until I find Sirius.”

Lily laughed again, “Ok.”

We walked through the door of the Great Hall. Students were dancing on the silver dance floor.

“I see them.” Lily said pointing to the Marauders.

I breathed in nervously, they hadn’t noticed us yet.

Lily pulled me by the hand over to them.

When we were close James noticed us and pointed. Sirius, Remus and Peter looked our way.

Sirius’s mouth dropped, causing me to blush.

“You….you look….beautiful.” Sirius stuttered.

I blushed again.

Sirius was looking very handsome too. He wore black dress robes, which I have never seen him in before.

“Shall we dance?” Sirius held out a hand and walked me to the floor.

“Is the prank set?” I whispered in his ear once we had started dancing.

Sirius grinned, “Indeed it has.”

We Marauders had to prank during the ball. Our plan was to set Mistletoe over Dumbledore and McGonagall. The Mistletoe had been charmed to not allow the victims to move until they had kissed.

“Awesome.” I replied.

~O~O~O~

Sirius and I glanced over at Dumbledore and McGonagall who were dancing. Sirius winked at me and pulled out his wand, I copied.

Together we whispered “Visco.”

Mistletoe appeared above the couple causing their feet to glue to the ground.