Ch.6 - Apparition Test

“The Yule Ball will take place on Christmas Eve. Students under year four are not allowed.” Professor McGonagall announced in the Gryffindor Common room on December 15th.

“I expect you all to wear something…appropriate.” She added.

Most of the girls broke out in giggles once she left, whereas I just groaned.

“What’s wrong Katie?” Lily asked.

I sighed, “I hate dancing.”

James laughed, I threw a pillow at his face.

“Oh come on, if your with me it won’t be so bad.” Sirius grinned.

I punched him on the shoulder playfully, “Yeah right.”

He laughed.

Remus, James, Lily, Sirius and I were sitting in the Common Room by the fire. Peter is missing…yet again.

Lily and James were settled in the loveseat, while Remus sat in an arm chair.

Sirius was sitting in an armchair too and I sat on his lap.

“Katie, we’ll have to go dress shopping in Hogsmeade this weekend!” Lily exclaimed.

I laughed and nodded, “Yeah.”

“Yeah lets!” Sirius chimed.

Lily laughed, “Yea-no.”

Sirius pouted, “PA-lease!”

“Nope. Lily and I are going to have a girl’s day only!” I teased.

Sirius poked his tongue out.

I yawned, “I think I’m going to go to bed now.”

Lily nodded, “I’ll be up in a minute.”

“Ok. Goodnight everyone.” I said waving goodbye to the others.

I leaned forwards and kissed Sirius.

“Get a room!” James whined.

I stuck the finger up at him and skipped up to the girl’s dorms.

~O~O~O~

“I hate my red hair. It limits the colour of dress I can choose from.” Lily complained as we searched for ball dresses.

“What about green. It would match your eyes too.” I suggested running my fingers through a silky purple dress.

Lily nodded in agreement, “Yeah it would, but there are not many green dresses here.”

“How come you finally said yes to James?” I asked changing the subject.

Lily blushed but shrugged, “I guess, I guess I’ve always sort of liked him, I was just waiting for his big head to deflate first.”

I laughed, “I know what you mean.”

She smiled.

“I’m going to go try on these,” I said showing her three dresses I had chosen.

She nodded, “Show me after you try on each.”

“Ok.” I walked into the change rooms and changed into the first.

It was a long red strapless gown that had frilly roses at the top. Overall, it didn’t suit me.

I walked out to show Lily and she shook her hands, “Its ok, but try on the others first.”