Ch.5 - Awakening

“Why hasn’t he woken up yet?” James complained.

It had been three days since the Quidditch match, in which everyday Peter, James, Remus, Lily and I would visit Sirius. Every night I would take my dinner up to the Hospital Wing alone and sit with the unconscious Sirius.

“His body is healing itself.” Madam Pomfrey explained shutting the blinds in the Hospital Wing.

“It’s taken three bloody days!” James replied angrily.

Madam Pomfrey sighed, “Yes, but the bludger hit him quite hard in the head.”

“Oh.” James replied.

“I’m going to go back up and do some homework, anyone coming?” Remus asked glumly.

James and Peter nodded, “Yes.”

“I’m going to stay here for a minute.” Lily said.

No one bothered to ask me anymore, they knew I stayed as long as possible.

Once James, Peter and Remus had gone and Madam Pomfrey had left the room, Lily turned to me.

“You really love him don’t you?” She asked softly.

I nodded fighting back tears.

“He’s going to be ok.” She murmured.

I nodded again, “I know, it’s just, it’s my fault, if I had moved before he blocked me…” Tears escaped my eyes.

“Shh…” Lily pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into her shoulder.

“I just, he…., I’ve loved him for so long, I’m…” I trailed off and released Lily.

I wiped my eyes, “If anything happens to him, I’ll kill myself.” I stated.

Lily put a hand on my shoulder, “Nothing is going to happen to him.” She reassured.

I nodded.

“I have to go, I’ll see you soon.”

I smiled lightly, “Thank you Lily.”

She smiled and left.

I turned back to Sirius and held his hand like I have been doing these past nights.

I continued to stroke the back of his hand with my thumb and talk to him.

~O~O~O~

At 9:00pm I decided I might as well leave. I had so much homework. I stood up and kissed Sirius’s forehead.

I released his hand and began walking to the door.

“Katie?” I heard a soft whisper that stopped me in my tracks.

I spun around to see Sirius’s eyelids open slightly.

“Sirius?” I asked hopefully.

“The one and only.” I heard him whisper again.

“SIRIUS!” I yelled, sprinting at full speed over to him.

And then before I could stop myself or even hesitate I kissed him full on the lips.

His reaction was not what I expected. I thought he would pull back and remind me that we were only friends but instead I felt him kiss back. His hand slipped around the back of my neck and pulled me closer.

Someone cleared their throat behind me.

I pulled away from him.

Madam Pomfrey was standing there.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but Mr Black needs his rest.” She instructed.

I blushed, probably brighter red than Lily’s hair.

“Sorry.” I mumbled looking down at my shoes.

“Now, Mr Black, what can you remember, from before you were knocked out?” She asked.

Sirius thought for a moment, “I remember up to blocking Katie.” He replied.

“Well that’s good that you haven’t suffered from memory loss.” She smiled and brought forwards a bottle.

“Now, I need you to drink this.” She summoned a glass and poured the liquid into it.

Sirius gulped it down pulling a face in the process.

“That tastes like shit.” He spluttered.

“Yes, yes, I’ve been told.” She mumbled walking out of the room.

I turned back to Sirius and gave him a big hug.

He chuckled, “Missed me have you?”

I blushed but nodded.

He chuckled again and brought his lips to mine, though it was only soft and last less than ten seconds.

“What does that make us?” I asked hesitantly.

He grinned mischievously, “A couple?”

I nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I like that. I have to go, I’ll be back early tomorrow.” I said standing up.

He pulled on my hand, “Stay.” He begged.

I rolled my eyes, “But Siriiius!” I whined.

He smiled and pulled me down next to him. I sighed and curled into his side as he stroked my hair.

~O~O~O~

Sirius was released from the Hospital Wing later the next day.

We entered the Common Room hand in hand. James looked at us with raised eyebrows, Peter ‘giggled’ while Lily and Remus had grins on their face.

“Ah injures always bring people together.” James sighed as we sat down.

“So that’s how we got together.” Lily said her voice dripping with sarcasm.

I laughed and James threw a pillow at me.

“No, we were just in love from the beginning.” James stated pulling Lily closer.

Everyone began laughing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I only own Katie Axel and a few other characters, everthing else belongs to J.K. ROWLING.

I am sooooo sorry I didn't upload on Monday!!! I have been sooooo busy with school and stuff.

Anyway, I didn't edit it so there may be a few mistakes.

Sorry it wasn't very long :(

Anyway, ENJOY!!!

-Lily

Please Comment, Vote and Subscribe.