21. Now

hello everyone :) sorry i haven't been able to update this story in forever :( i have a lot of writer's block for this... but enjoy this chapter anyway :) it's a short one but it's still an update! :D sigh... she's so pretty.... >>>>>>

            “You look great,” Jemma said once she walked into the kitchen that night. I wore my black skinny jeans and a dark gray sweater on top. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. “I love you,” she whispered as her bright blue eyes looked into mine. I smiled at her, loving the feeling of her fingers running through my hair.

            “I love you too,” I whispered before I kissed her lips again. My hands fell to her waist that was covered in her favorite little black dress.

            “Let’s get going. I’ll drive.”

            When we got to the restaurant, Jemma was greeted with a lot of hugs from her girlfriends who immediately complimented her attire and said how much they’d missed her. She became so tangled in her group of friends that I was left standing off to the side.

            “Oh,” Jemma said, squeezing herself out from the middle of girls. “You guys know Harry, right?” I smiled a bit as she took my hand in hers. I noticed some of the boyfriends sitting at the table, talking with each other. “He’s my fiancé.”

            “Oh my god!” the girls squealed as they sat back down in their seats around the big circular table. “Let me see the ring!”

            I took a sip of the water that was already set out for me. I looked to Jemma on my left and a couple of the guys sitting next to their girlfriends who were fawning over the ring I gave Jemma. I overheard the name Manchester United and I looked over at the guys.

            “Liverpool is not going to make it to the championships,” I intervened. They looked over at me and I introduced myself.

            “What’s your team?” one of them asked.

            “Man-U,” I replied and one of them gave me a high-five. I smiled a little bit and was soon pulled into the conversation.

            It was strange, talking to guys I didn’t even know when for the past month or so the only people I would allow myself to socialize with were Jemma and my parents. Jemma was engrossed in her girly conversation to my left about some new handbag or whatever while I sat off to the side in the male conversation.

            “Mate, where did you get that watch?” one of the guys asked me.

            “Oh, it’s been passed down in my family for years. It was my father’s,” I answered with a nod. I showed them the old Rolex watch that I always kept on my right wrist.

            “I heard you just got back from the war in Iraq,” one of the guys said. I nodded and I noticed Jemma looking over. I squeezed her hand, assuring her I was okay with talking about it.

            I began telling them where I was stationed and some very broad details about what took place. “Yeah, I carried a 7.62 millimeter M60,” they nodded in surprise, “the US sent over some of their weapons for the UK to use. It fired around 500 to 650 rounds per minute.”

            “Wow,” one guy whistled as he nodded his head.

            “How heavy was it?” another asked.

            “About ten and a half kilograms,” I said with a nod.

            “That’s kind of heavy to be carrying around,” one guy said.

            “It made me a lot stronger,” I chuckled a little bit.

            Throughout this entire conversation, we all ordered our food. I still held Jemma’s hand under the table and I could feel her thumb rubbing the back of my hand. She looked over at me and I leaned down to give her a soft kiss. “Are you enjoying yourself?” she asked softly.

            “Mmm…” I hummed with a smile. I tucked some hair behind her ear and kissed her again.

            “Jemma- oh,” one of her friends giggled and I pulled back from the kiss. I gave her friend a small smile and turned back to the guys who were talking about their daily workout routine and whatnot. In all honesty, I wasn’t listening so much, so I wrapped my arm around the back of Jemma’s chair. Her hand fell to my knee as she turned her head to talk to her friends again.

            The guys I was sitting with were actually very funny. This one guy especially had a whole bunch of stories to tell and considering he was a bit tipsy too, he made them even funnier.

            “So where do you work?” one of the guys asked me.

            “I don’t have a job yet… just since I’ve only been home for a month…”

            They nodded. “Oh my god, when are you and Harry getting married?” one of Jemma’s girlfriends asked. I noticed Jemma’s cheeks turn pink.

            “We were going to wait a little while,” Jemma explained as my hand absently found hers. “Just because… yeah.”

            I smiled at my fiancé and squeezed her hand.

            I had more fun than I expected during the dinner and the food was actually really good. By the end of the night the entire table was talking in one conversation and we all laughed together. Neither Jemma nor I were drunk but a couple of the men were. I had the most fun I’d had in a while.

            It was nearly midnight when we left the restaurant, and I drove the two of us back to our apartment. We held hands on the walk up to fourth floor and we weren’t even fully inside our apartment with the door closed before I leaned down to kiss her.

            “I love you,” she whispered as I shut the door with my foot and we backed into our apartment. Jemma hit the arm of the couch and I hoisted her up so that her legs wrapped around my waist. We were completely out of breath by the time I made it to our bedroom and we got into bed together.

            We made love to each other that night and the head of the bed hit the wall with each movement I made above her. Nothing was rushed and her hands held my sides and played with my hair the entire time. When we flipped over and Jemma was on top, I took the time to admire he perfect figure. Her hair fell in strands around her face as her bright blue eyes looked down into my green ones. I knew I would never love anyone else as much as I loved Jemma.

guys do you like Harry and Jemma? please let me know... the next chapter is a Then chapter and i was wondering if you wanted more relationshippy stuff or Harry in the war.... comment please! :D i love you guys <3