2. Then

pleeeeease share this story with your friends, i wanna get more reads :) ENJOY <3 

            I stood on my toes as I tried to reach the very top shelf of the book shelf. It wasn’t that I was extremely short – these bookcases were just very tall. At least that’s what I liked to think.

            I noticed a man walk past the aisle I was in, but then stopped. “Here let me help you with that,” the man said as I tried to slide the book into the place it was supposed to be in. He took the book from my hand and slid it in between the two books I was trying to reach. I stood back down at my normal level and let out a breath.

            “Thank you, they usually have stools in these aisles, but I guess not in this one,” I tried laughing at myself. I looked up at the man who helped me. My mouth fell open a little bit. God, he was handsome.

            “Right…” his voice trailed off as he looked at me too. He pulled a small slip of paper out of his pocket. “I was wondering if you could help me find these books,” he handed me the list. I swallowed and read over the titles and authors. “My mum is a teacher and she sent me on a mission to find these exact books.”

            “Well these are science fiction and you’re in the mystery section,” I told him with a smile. His mouth fell open into a smile and he looked at the floor and nervously laughed to himself. I could see his cheeks getting a bit pink. “Follow me, I’ll show you where they are.” I smiled at him and his light green eyes met with mine as I led him to the right section of the bookstore.

            “I’m actually not a big fan of science fiction,” he told me as I stopped in front of a bookcase. I pulled out one of the books and handed it to him. He leaned against the bookcase.

            “I can’t say I am either,” I told him. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. We kept the gaze for a couple seconds before I quickly looked away.

            “To be honest, I’m more interested in romance…” his voice trailed off and I smiled.

            “Me too.”

            I pulled out two more books for him and he added them to his pile. “My name is Harry,” he said after a couple minutes of me quietly searching.

            “Jemma,” I said, handing him another book.

            “I have a sister named Gemma,” he told me with a smile. “How do you spell it?”

            “With a J,” I answered, fingering the spines of the books and kneeling down.

            “Oh, my sister spells it with a G,” he told me once I stood back up.

            “I’m not sure if we have this last book on your list…” I said, my voice trailing off. I tapped my bottom lip. “I could look it up for you?”

            “That’d be great, thanks,” he gave me a smile and I felt my heart racing and an unfamiliar heat rise to my cheeks.

            “There’s a computer over here,” I said, walking behind the front desk as Harry walked around the front and put his books on the counter. I typed in the name and I could feel his eyes on me. I glanced over at him and he quickly looked away. “We don’t have this book in stock, but we’re getting a new shipment this weekend, so it might be in there. Otherwise… you could go to Barnes and Noble and look there, they have a much wider selection than we do.” I folded his paper with my fingers and kept rambling on about how I was sorry that we didn’t have the book and other alternatives for him to find it.

            “Jem,” he said and I looked at him. “Sorry, that’s a habit. Jemma-”

            “No you can call me Jem, my family and friends do,” I interrupted quickly. The heat in my cheeks rose even higher.

            Harry smiled. “I’ll come back this weekend and take a look around. If it’s not here then I’ll go to Barnes and Noble.”

            “Okay,” I smiled lightly at him and he pushed the books toward me to ring up. “Your total comes to forty-seven eighty-two.”

            He whistled as handed me a card. I asked him if he had one of our membership cards since my boss always told us to ask that. He said no. I swiped his card and realized that he was going to leave in a couple seconds. I almost didn’t want to give his card back so that I could talk to him for longer. Nonetheless, I handed him his card back and he thanked me. I looked at him and he looked back expectedly.

            “The bag…?” his voice trailed off and he laughed. My eyes widened and I handed him the bag of books. “It was nice meeting you Jemma,” he said. “Are you working this weekend?”

            My stomach tied into knots, wondering if he was asking me on a date. I nodded. “Yeah.”

            “Great, I’ll be back then,” he told me with a smile. I just looked at him and he gave a small wave before he started walking out of the bookstore. I slumped back on the seat behind the counter. Had he been flirting with me? Did I sound like an idiot while talking to him? Was he really going to come back this weekend or was he just trying to be nice to me?

            I felt my cheeks that were burning red.

            All I knew was that I wanted to see him again. 

I'm not used to posting such short chapters lol please comment though, i really want to know if you like this or not...