19. Now

wow guys, sorry i've neglected this story... i've had stuff written but i've been so busy with midterms at school and i haven't gotten around to writing and i just recently got a job (i know, crazy right?) and i just got a cold a couple days ago so i've been feeling kinda like shit... but here's the next chapter and i really hope you like it :) 

            I was sitting at the front desk of my bookstore when I heard the front door wind chimes jingle as someone walked in. I looked up and found Harry quickly walking over to where I was sitting. He looked over his shoulder back outside and stepped up to the front desk, gripping the counter. He looked at me with big eyes.

            “Hey,” I said with a smile. “Are you okay?”

             He let out an annoyed breath. “Why do you always have to ask me if I’m okay?” he snapped.

            “You looked scared, I want to know what’s wrong,” I answered calmly.

            “I have to tell you something,” he said, reaching over the counter for my hand. “Privately.”

            I stood up and walked around the counter and took Harry’s hand, leading him to the back of the book store where there was a comfortable couch that we could sit on. Harry let out a breath and I sat down as he looked out the window. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and he sat down next to me.

            “I’ve seen some of them Jemma,” Harry said, taking my hand in his. “They’re after me.”

            “They’re after you? How do you know?” I asked, trying to play along with him.

            “Because one of them talked to me! He asked something about putting money in a meter. He claimed he wasn’t one of them but I knew he was. I almost knocked him out but another guy came and broke us up.”

            My jaw dropped. “Harry, did you punch the guy?”

            “He was a spy, Jem! I had to!”

            I rubbed my hands over my face. “Oh my god…”

            “They’re after me, Jemma… I don’t know what to do.”

            I let out a breath and looked over at my fiancé. He looked helpless and I put my hand on his cheek. This emotional instability was getting worse than I expected. I didn’t think he’d end up punching some innocent guy and pushing down some kid at the park. “Babe, why don’t I take you home, okay? I think it would be best if you just go home.”

            Harry just looked at me. “Jemma, I’m afraid.”

            I wrapped my arms around his neck. “There’s no need to be afraid when I’m around, okay? I’m your safety.” I put my hand over his heart. “Okay?”

            Harry merely nodded and I gave him a kiss.

            “I love you,” I said. “You know that, right? I’ll always be here for you when you need me.” I stood up. “Let me take you home.” I took his hands and he stood up with me, his height always dominating over mine.

            I quickly told my boss about the scenario and she let me leave to take him home since there wasn’t anyone looking around. I held Harry’s hand as I walked out the back door with him and over to my car. He got in the passenger’s seat as I sat down in the driver’s seat.

            I drove the couple minutes back to our apartment building and parked in the parking garage. Harry was already out of the car before I could turn to talk to him. “Hey,” I said softly, finding his hand and rubbing my thumb against his knuckles.