10. Then

thank you to everyone who has read and commented on any of the previous chapters :) please please please share it with your friends :) this is a longer chapter so i hope you like it :) ENJOY <3

TWO YEARS LATER – HARRY’S P.O.V.

            I walked out of the middle school that I just quit my job at and breathed in the fresh spring air. It had come as a surprise to everyone, especially my students when I told them I was leaving. Of course, I wasn’t their real teacher, just an assistant in the class that would teach one lesson per class period.

            It’s not that I didn’t like it there. I loved my students and they all loved me. I remember one day I was sitting in the back of the classroom before class started and some twelve year old girls were asking each other if I had a girlfriend. I listened in for a couple minutes on their gossiping before I walked over to them.

            “Hello ladies,” I said with a smile, sitting on the window sill. They all blushed and I smiled. “I heard you talking about me.”

            “O-Oh we weren’t-” one of the girls started to say. The others looked at me with big eyes. The bell rang signaling the beginning of class.

            “I do have a girlfriend, her name is Jemma,” I told them before I walked to the front of the classroom to start my lesson.

            I felt bad quitting on such short notice, but I just could go on working there any longer. I had other things on my mind. I wanted to do something more than teach twelve year olds about world history. There was something inside of me that said I should do bigger and better things. Something that I would be proud of when I got older.

            It crossed my mind to join the army. I had no idea how my family, let alone Jemma, was going to react to that, though. It was a possibility though. Something I had to think about some more.

            I decided to visit Jemma at work since I had nothing else to do for the rest of the day. I checked my watch that said 11:45. I got into my car and drove out of the faculty parking lot and into town. I went to the nearest bagel place and bought two bagels with cream cheese – one for me and one for Jemma – and two iced teas.

            I walked down the street to her bookstore that was always dead quiet, especially at this time of the day. Only old ladies were walking around.

            The door chimed as I stepped inside and Jemma, who sat at the front desk reading a book, looked up. “Hey,” she said, confused as to why I was here. “Don’t you have work?”

            “Right,” I nodded. “It’s a half day today,” I lied, “and I don’t teach the last two periods, so I left to buy you an early lunch.” I smiled and put the bagel wrapped in paper and a Snapple on the counter. Jemma sighed.

            “You’re the best,” she breathed. “Come sit with me. I’m bored.” I walked around the front desk and sat in the bar stool next to her. “How are you?” she asked with a smile. Her arm wrapped around my neck and pulled my lips to hers. “I didn’t see you this morning…”

            I shrugged. “I’m alright. I’m happy to see you. I’ve missed you…” I noticed her cheeks flushing pink from my simple compliment. She opened her bagel and smoothed out the brown paper as a plate mat. I did the same with mine. She took my hand in hers just to hold.