3. Now

okay, so i have so much written for this story already, so that's why i'm updating so quickly haha but please please please tell your friends about this story and share it and stuff :) I want it to get more reads :) love youuuuu ENJOY <3 

            The next morning we had rolled away from each other during the course of the night. My alarm clock went off at 7:30 and I felt Harry jolt up and immediately pull me closer to him. He’d gotten significantly stronger since he left two years ago, so it took me a couple seconds to wiggle out of his grip. He’d startled me awake.

            “What is that?” he asked, looking around our bedroom.

            “My alarm clock,” I mumbled rolling over to stop the loud and annoying sound. I turned back to Harry who was alert and awake. “You can fall back asleep, it’s only 7:30 and you don’t have to go anywhere. I know you’re still tired.” I put my hand on his cheek. “Go back to sleep…”  Harry slowly laid back down under the sheets and closed his eyes as I got ready for my shower.

            I still had a while before I had to leave for work. I had from now until ten o’clock when I had to leave. That left me plenty of time to relax and eat breakfast in my pajamas. I made coffee for the two of us even though Harry was still passed out snoring in my bedroom. I’m sure this was the first time in years that he was able to sleep in.

            I watched the news in my kitchen as I sipped my coffee. I could only imagine what that man had seen while he was over in Iraq. I just hoped it wouldn’t change him.

I checked the clock when it said nine thirty and went to wake up Harry.

            He was curled up under the sheets, fast asleep. I smiled and crawled on top of him to wake him up. His eyes bolted open and before I knew it, he’d flipped me over and had my wrists strongly pinned to the mattress. “Harry!” I exclaimed, but his eyes were cold and dark. This wasn’t the Harry that I knew. He brought his hand back into a fist and I squeezed my eyes shut and shrunk down into the mattress as much as I could.

            Then his eyes softened and he realized what he had done. He rolled off of me. “Jemma… oh my god I didn’t… I’m so sorry…” He pulled me closer to him and hugged me comfortingly. “I just… we were taught to always be attentive even while we’re asleep…” he rambled on and I just shook my head.

            “Relax. It’s okay. I understand. I was just trying to wake you up.”

            “Jem,” he whispered, shaking his head. He took a gentle hold of my chin and kissed me. “You’re so delicate and I’m not used to being so gentle…”

            “Babe, it’s okay,” I assured him. I kissed him to show I was telling the truth. “I made some coffee if you’d like some.”

            “Oh great, thank you,” he said appreciatively. I smiled and rolled out of bed with him. He walked in front of me into the kitchen as I trailed behind him, still a bit shaken up. I stood at the counter watching the news as Harry fixed his mug of coffee. “I haven’t been able to do this in so long,” he whispered as he set the coffee mug down on the counter next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I tilted my head to the side and smiled as he kissed my cheek and moved my hair out of the way to kiss my neck. I felt him leave an obvious love bite on my neck. “You’re mine,” he whispered on my ear before he lightly nibbled on it.

            “Only yours,” I replied softly. I wiggled out of his pretty strong grasp. “I have to get ready for work.”

            “How is the Old Bookcase?” Harry asked with a smile. He took a sip of his coffee and followed me back into our bedroom where I quickly got changed.

            “It’s alright,” I replied as I struggled to button up my shirt and tuck it loosely into my pencil skirt. I slipped into a comfortable pair of flats and turned to look at my fiancé. “Do I look good?”

            “Gorgeous,” he assured me. I smiled and walked into the bathroom to put my make-up on and fix my hair. Harry leaned in the doorway.

            “You’re going to go see your parents today, right?”

            “Yep,” he replied with a smile. “I’m excited.”

            “You should be, they’re going to be so happy to see you. Do they know that you’re home?”

            “Nope, I’m going to surprise them.”

            I turned to look at him, a bit surprised. “You didn’t tell them?”

            Harry shook his head.

            “Babe, you might just give your mom a heart attack,” I laughed a little bit and turned back to the mirror to finish putting on my mascara. I closed my make-up bag and put it back in the drawer under the sink. “I have to get going,” I told him, walking out of the bathroom. Harry trailed behind me.

            “Jem, again, I’m sorry about this morning,” Harry said, walking me to the front door of our apartment.

            “Don’t worry about it,” I breathed, grabbing my purse off the small front table we had.

            “It won’t happen again, I promise,” he told me, squeezing my hand. I smiled up at him.

            “I love you,” I whispered, pulling his lips down to mine. He pulled back after only a couple seconds, much shorter than how long we used to kiss goodbye for. He let out a breath.

            “Bye,” he said, opening the door for me. I gave him a small smile and went on my way down the corridor to the elevators. 

i'm not used to having chapters so short!! lol i hope you liked it :) what do you think of Harry so far?? please let me know in the comments :) loveeeeeeeeee <3