Steph shrugged. "That's Dimucci's problem, I kinda don't know how she puts up with him."

"But it's not like he's getting any if you know what I mean and not for lack of trying."

"Like I said, I don't know how she puts up with him."

"Well, Johnny said..." Paulette lowered her voice and Rhonda moved closer to them to hear. "Johnny said Louis has come up with a plan to move things along a bit."

Steph frowned. "I wouldn't pay attention to anything Johnny says much less repeat it."

"What sort of plan?" Rhonda asked ignoring Stephanie.

"No, I've said too much," Paulette said disingenuously. "It's like Steph says, I shouldn't repeat-"

"Spit it out," snapped Steph, she could do without the stupid game playing. "You have no intention of telling us half a story."

Paulette pouted at her before continuing. "He's gonna tell Sharon he's signing up, and that he's being shipped overseas so she'll give him something to remember her by."

"Eh?" Rhonda said, her face blank.

"Jeez and you act like I'm the stupid one," Paulette said. "What is the one thing Dimucci wants from Sharon?"

"That's disgusting!" Rhonda was momentarily lost for words. "It's like, wow...surely she wouldn't fall for it? Although it would appeal to her sense of patriotic duty."

"Why didn't you say anything before now?" Steph demanded. Dimucci was a sleaze but what sort of a friend was Paulette?

"It wasn't my place to butt in," said Paulette shrugging. "You know the code, we can't interfere in T bird/pink lady relationships."

"It didn't stop you jumping in Steph's grave," Rhonda said and Paulette blushed.

"It's not like that."

Steph pulled a face, it was exactly like that. "You should have told Sharon what Johnny said."

"It's all kinds of wrong," Rhonda added. "We'll have to tell her."

"I'll do it," Steph said. "If she thinks we all know it'll be worse. Johnny might have it wrong anyway." That's what she hoped but she was doubtful, it sounded exactly like something those jerks would come up with.

~~~

Sharon was getting her things out of her locker while Louis tried in vain to calm her down.

"Honestly, it wasn't that bad," he said attempting to put his arm around her.

"We are going to be a complete flop!" She slammed her locker shut and grimaced as she saw Stephanie approaching them.

"Hey," Steph called and Sharon scowled at her, she'd messed up the most. However before she could speak Stephanie had turned her attention to Louis, fixing him with a hard stare.

"I hear you're joining the army?"

He shrugged avoiding eye contact with her. "Yeah, maybe."

"That's cool, so when are you signing up?"

Sharon frowned wondering why Steph sounded so hostile.

"Erm I'm not sure," Louis said awkwardly. "Nothing's been decided."

"Oh is that how it works?" Steph asked cocking her head to the side. "They let you take your time to think it through? Do you get to choose your foreign posting as well?"

"I dunno," Louis said squirming.

Sharon looked at them feeling baffled. "What are you talking about Stephanie? Louis has been considering joining up but he hasn't made a final decision. I personally think he should wait until after grad before even contemplating it."

"Yeah, that's right," Louis said nodding.

"That's bullshit," Steph snapped. "Tell her the truth Dimucci or I will."

Louis remained silent, shifting his weight from one foot to the other while Sharon looked expectantly at him.

"He's been lying to you," Steph said shaking her head. "He's no more joining the army than I'm going to the moon! It's just a stupid trick."

Sharon's eyes widened. "A trick? Louis?" He cleared his throat but no words came out.

"He wants you to think he's signing up, and that he's going to get posted abroad in some war zone," Steph explained shooting Louis a contemptuous look.

"But why? That makes no sense at all."

"Will you wake up?" Steph almost yelled at her. "Tell her Dimucci, tell her what a scumbag you really are." He shrugged, and Sharon slowly put the pieces together.

"Oh my god! Louis Dimucci how could you? I've been worried sick, I thought you were..." She broke off, angry and upset all at once.

"Look it wasn't like that," he finally said. "She's making it sound worse than it was."

Sharon pushed past him and raced down the corridor, Stephanie running after her. She flung the door of the ladies bathroom open and fled inside.

"How could he do that to me?" she wailed to Stephanie. "My God, what was he thinking?" She couldn't believe he was going to try and manipulate her into bed with him, that he'd sink that low.

"I've told you before, these guys are jerks," Steph said in a knowing voice and Sharon bristled despite herself.

"Maybe it's my fault?" she said rubbing her temples. "I've been deluding myself, I should have known he wasn't happy to wait."

Stephanie gave her an impatient look. "Of course, it's not your fault. You've made your feelings clear and he should have respected that."

"I guess."

"Louis Dimucci doesn't deserve you. You might love him, or think you do, but he couldn't care less about your feelings. The T birds are all the same, they're so busy trying to be cool they don't know how to treat people right."

"That's not true," Sharon said before faltering.

"Dump his ass."

Sharon looked at her miserably thinking she had little choice in the matter. Obviously, Louis had no respect for her, all he was thinking was about was what he wanted, her feelings didn't come into it. She swallowed hard. "I'm going to have to go, my brother's picking me up," she said trying to keep her voice steady. "Do you think he's gone?"

"The rat is probably lurking around, maybe a run-in with your brother is what he needs."

Sharon shook her head. "No, I wouldn't want that, I'd die of embarrassment." She felt a lump rising in her throat again and swallowed furiously. Don't cry, not in front of Steph. She couldn't believe she was going to dump Louis, but if getting her into bed was all that mattered to him he'd probably dump her now anyway. Don't let him do it first.

"Aw don't let him upset you," Steph said seeing her bite her lip. "He's not worth it. Come on, I'll walk with you."

Sharon plastered a smile on her face letting Stephanie lead the way.

~~~

Thank you for reading, please consider voting.