How You Met (Part 8)

Suggestion/Request by: @PrimeKnight23 (funniest request I have read and I will try to make it good)

I'm (Y/N), and I work at a café. But the day I met my husband, I was sick.

And I decided I would go to work.

I grabbed my uniform and threw it on, and clipped my name tag onto my chest pocket. As soon as I got to work, I wrapped the apron around my waiste and stuffed it full of napkins, straws, and already wrapped utensils.

I was on waitress duty, and I managed to keep my sneezing to myself, until it came to a man with dark brown hair and handsome brown eyes. He ordered a coffee with three creams and two sugars.

I waited on a few other drinks and delivered them to their tables. And then his came, and I could feel the sneeze coming on, it was coming really soon. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to sneeze.

Walking over to his table, I held onto the cup tightly and set it on the table and asked if he needed anything else. I set my hand on the table and the sneeze was being tickled. It felt like it was rushing up into my nose and I started to huff the air in and then and there

I sneezed.

I rolled onto the table and accidentally dumped the piping hot coffee, that was just made for him, on him. I covered my face and then stared blankly at the ceiling. I gave up. I acted like nothing happened at all, due to embarrassment. "You could have just asked for my number, instead of trying to kill me to get it," he chuckled. "I mean, I can still give it to you.

"Yeah, but that would have been a bit cliché," I said giggling, looking at him. "O wasn't trying, but you can give it to me anyways.

We began to talk a little more, but another sneeze approached. "Ebola, I can scent Ebola, Ebola," he said, covering himself in napkins and laying another onto my face, though I just sneezed into one. I giggled as he began to chuckle.

"I don't have Ebola, but thank you for being worried?"

"Of course pretty lady."

"And that kids, is how I met your mother," I smiled at my friend Vinnie.

"And you're going to tell that short story to your kids when they asked how you two met?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"Because you literally used a reference from How I Met Your Mother. You could have told me as if we were apart of Friends or something."

"I was trying to be funny, I can't be funny?"

"Well hon, I thought It was fine, and I can tell Vinnie didn't care," we looked over at her as she began to laugh.

"I think it's funny how you still work there, since you almost got him sick, and you never made him a second drink."

"I did actually, but that part isn't as funny."

"You two and your kids, I hope they as-

"Mommy, Daddy, how did you guys meet?"

"I should have knocked on wood," Vinnie set her drink down.

"I was sick and I decided to go to work...."