I'm Fine... (4)

Disclaimer: This chapter is very dark. It contains murder and abuse. (Word Count: 1,930) <3

Previously: He laughed and walked out the door. Snow followed.

"You idiot! Where are we anyway... What is this place?"

Sam stopped and looked Snow in the eye grinning. He stepped closer and whispered in her ear.

"This Angel is Home Base."

Present Time:

Snowflake had finished her work for the day. She shut down all the compters, put away stray papers and left over files and left her office. She looked over at her watch as she locked the office. It beeped 8:00 pm back at her. She was on time like always. As she walked down the hall she thought about the strange woman she had seen earlier that day as she tugged at the ends of her dark grey jumper to keep warm as it was strangely cold. It reminded her of when she was young. Of when she had an older sister. She was only 4 years old when it happened but she remembered the day so vividly. You see, she wasn't always quiet. In fact, she was a huge talker. She played games and was the one to be in the spotlight. Just as she thought things were going so well, her older sister was taking a little longer to come home...

Flashback (Two Years Ago)

Snowflake was sitting on the couch drawing a picture of... something. Snowflake always was artistic and held great skill at such a young age. She always drew what she said was in her dreams. These drawings were usually dark ally ways, a man dressed in white standing in the rain and multiple people looking down through clouds upon a post-apocalyptic world. Her parents weren't home yet so it was just her. By now, her older sister should have come home but for some reason, she was late. 

Snowflake suddenly stopped and looked up at the clock ticking in a rhythm of its own above the mantlepiece. It's 7: 35... She's late. She's never late... Snowflake was drowning in her own thoughts coming up with the endless possibilities of what could have happened to her sister. She was suddenly pulled out of those thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

Snowflake slowly got off the couch and walked towards the door hoping to hear the voice that needed.

"Um, hey it's me. Snow... could you open the door? It's cold out here!"

Snowflake smiled and almost leapt at the door. She wasn't a fan of being home alone passed the time that Snow was supposed to be home. It was 7:30 pm every day. She was worried and even scared! And Snowflake was never scared! I'll have to give her a little talk when I let her in! Snowflake thought as she reached for the bundle of keys on the desk beside the door to find the key to open the door. She put the key close to the lock but didn't quite open it up. She looked up at the shadow through the door. It was larger and taller than her sister's figure. But, it was her voice... right?

"Snow... are you with anyone else?"

"Um... I just have a friend or two with me that's all..."

Snowflake analysed the voice. It was shakey and heavy... and afraid. She retreated the key from the door and held it close to her chest. Snowflake just stood there in silence. She knew it was heard sister but, something in her head continued to tell her that she shouldn't open the door. Suddenly Snow's voice began talking again... In French.

" Flocon de neige, s'il vous plaît. Utilisez la plus petite clé pour ouvrir leBureau à côté de vous. Soulevez le panneau en bois et prenez le fusil.Il est chargé. Tout ce que vous avez à faire est de tirer sur la gâchette,comme vous l'a dit papa. S'enfuir dès maintenant ! Se cacher ! Faisquelque chose ! Ces gens ne sont pas mes amis. Ils tiennent unpistolet sur ma tête et veulent vous faire du mal. Sortir de là ! (Snowflake, please. Use the smallest key to open the desk beside you. Lift up the wooden panel and grab the gun. It is loaded. All you have to do is pull the trigger like papa told you. Run away right now! Hide! Do something! These people are not my friends. They are holding a gun to my head and want to hurt you. Get away from here!)"