Leo Falls On His Face

"Chiron, you have to let me go on a quest. If what Gaea says is true, and that Hylla plays an important role, we have to save her." I pleaded with the centaur.

He held out a hand. "Calm down, I agree. I think you owe Miss Rachel Elizabeth Dare a visit."

"Thank you." I dashed out of the Big House and headed for Rachel's cave. I pushed aside the velvet curtains and walked inside.

"Rachel? Are you in here?" I called out.

"Hey, Annabeth." Rachel's voice came from behind me and I nearly jumped a foot in the air. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

I held a hand to my heart and tried to slow it's breathing. "It's okay."

"What's up?"

"I need a prophecy. How can I save Hylla?"

Rachel swayed and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. I rushed forward and caught her before she hit the ground, and placed her on a nearby stool. The familiar--but still as creepy as ever--mist flowed out of her mouth and the spirit of Delphi spoke:

Seek the seer who cannot see,

And with his knowledge discover the key.

The man by the sea who is uncouth,

Will reveal within the hidden truth.

The end of the war can be found,

Concealed deep within the mound.

Rachel's eyes fluttered open. "Was it helpful?"

"As confusing as ever, but yes. Thank you."

"Anytime." She waved and I jogged out of the cave.

I made my way back to the Big House. Chiron and Percy greeted me. I sighed. "Seek the seer who cannot see, And with his knowledge discover the key. The man by the sea who is uncouth, Will reveal within the hidden truth. The end of the war can be found, Concealed deep within the mound."

"Well," Chiron said, "I think I know the first line. The seer who cannot see. That would be Phineas."

I ran the name through my mind, until it clicked. "He can see the past, present, and future, but he's blind. Right?"

Chiron nodded. "Correct. You'll have to trick him into telling you what you need to know."

"Isn't he dead?" Percy spoke.

"Yes. You'll have to go to the Underworld, he is in the Fields of Punishment. If you feel the need, you may have Nico help you there, but I don't think he is supposed to be on this quest. Speaking of which, who will be going with you?"

I looked at Percy. He smiled reassuringly. "Sorry, Percy. I want you to stay and help the campers." His face fell, but I could tell he understood. "I want Tammy--"

"Someone say my name?" Tammy poked her head into the room.

"Yes, you're coming on a quest with me." She grinned and stood next to me. "I also want Leo with me."

"Woohoo! Finally! I've been waiting for this." Leo swung down from the wooden beams supporting the ceiling. Well, he tried to. Instead, he fell on his face. Tammy helped him up and Percy snickered. I shot him a look and he shut up.

I shook my head. "I'm not gonna ask why you were up there. I assume you know why we are going on the quest?"

"Yep!" Leo said.

"I'll admit, I was eavesdropping too. You don't have to explain it. When are we going?" Tammy put her arm around my shoulder.

"In ten minutes." Chiron answered before I could. "You must save Hylla soon, before Gaea has a chance to use her. Go pack, Percy and I will prepare everything else."

"Talk to Nico, please." I instructed my boyfriend.

In the Amazon's cabin, I found Tansy and Kinzie lounging. "I have news. Hylla has been taken by Gaea. I, along with Tammy and Leo, will be going on a quest to rescue her. Tansy, you're in charge."

Kinzie growled and stomped away. I winced. "Yeah, that's why I won't leave her in charge." I remarked.

Tansy laughed. "Be safe. I'll hold the fort." She saw my face and added, "I won't let them harass the boys, I promise."

"Good." I packed a few shirts and pants, Daedalus' laptop (just in case) Medea's SPF 5000 Sunscreen, my yankees hat, cell phone, and bug spray. I attached my dagger to my belt and hiked my backpack onto my back.

I met up with Tammy as we walked back up to the Big House. When we got there, Leo was waiting and Chiron stood in centaur form. He gave each of us a canteen of nectar and a baggie of ambrosia. Then he gave me a hundred mortal dollars and twenty golden drachmas.

Nico stumbled out of the shadows. "Are you guys ready?" He held his Stygian Iron sword in his hand.

"Just about. Give me a minute or two." I turned to Percy. Nico nodded and looked away.

"Please, be careful. If Gaea activates the curse, tell one of them. Preferably Tammy." We glanced at Tammy and Leo, to find them bonding over their love of fire--ironic for the daughter of Demeter, seeing as how fire burned plants all the time. They also had similar personalities.

"Actually, don't tell them unless you have to. Tell me, with this." He handed me a golden drachma.

I studied it, puzzled. "A drachma?"

"Get it wet, and I'll come. Doesn't matter if you drop it in a puddle, a lake, the ocean, hold it in the rain, or spit on it. Just get it wet and I'll be there. Use the drachma before the necklace." He held my face. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I tucked the drachma into my pocket.

"Please, be careful. I have a bad feeling that the final battle is coming soon." My heart fluttered and he kissed me sweetly, before stepping back and standing next to Chiron.

Piper had come to say goodbye to Leo. They were having a similar, "moment," like Percy and I were. Finally, Leo and Tammy came to stand by me.

Nico took our arms, "Alright, let's go visit my father and see a blind seer. By the way, Annabeth, Cerberus has been waiting to see you again."