Nico Leaves To Fight Darkness

"Percy." I whispered his name. "Percy!" His head snapped over to me and a smile spread across his face. I started to run and so did he, like we were in one of those cheesy movies. He ran down the hill, almost tripping with the speed as I ran up to meet him.

We crashed together at the middle and hugged each other tightly. He lifted my head and captured my lips with his, our lips moving together. His were salty, and then I realized it wasn't just because he was the son of Poseidon. Both of us were crying, our tears mixing into the kiss.

After what didn't seem like long enough, we pulled away. His face was wet with tears and I knew mine was too. He gave me a lopsided smile. "Gods, I've missed you so much, Annabeth." He said lightly as he brushed my hair away from my face.

"Me too." I beamed at him before turning towards his team. My smile grew as Thalia walked towards me. I laughed before pulling her into a tight hug. "Why did you have to die, too?" I mumbled into her coat.

She just grinned before passing me off to Nico. "I don't care if you don't like hugs, you're getting one." What surprised me was that Nico came forward and hugged me, without being forced to. "Woah, you've changed."

"Yep." He bit his lip. "Being with Percy's team really changes you." He grinned at Percy and Percy pulled Nico's head under his arm to give him a noogie.

I shook my head in amusement before I was tackled from behind. The air whooshed out of my lungs as I landed hard on the ground. Bianca and Zoë landed on top of me. "Ouch."

They laughed and helped me up. "Good to see you too." I flexed my shoulders and rotated my wrist. Then I turned to Luke.

"Hi." He said awkwardly. I shook my head and pulled him in for a hug. He stiffened before hugging me back.

We continued to greet each other. I introduced the Amazons to the three former hunters, and they hit it off immediately. I caught up with Daedalus and talked with Silena and Beckendorf as well. It was great to see all of my friends after a year, and even better to see Percy. He created a cabin for the Amazons to stay in and one for his team. The cabin looked small, but once you went inside it expanded. Chiron announced that there were would be a meeting for the counselors of each cabin later on.

While we waited, I put Hylla in charge of the Amazons (she already went off on Percy, so they were cool now, about the whole thing with Circe) and Luke was put in charge of Percy's team. Then, he and I walked around the camp. Percy talked to Daedalus, Silena and Beckendorf and restored Ophion, Ananke, and Pontus. Once he was done dealing with all of that, we jumped into the lake and stayed in our little bubble.

Most of our time in the water was spent kissing. We hadn't seen each other in a year, what did you expect? We loved each other, and we had been separated. Then finally, we were reunited. It was pretty much the best underwater makeout session of all time.

After we broke apart for air, we talked and caught up. I told Percy about the Amazons, he told me embarrassing stories about his team.

We continued to talk to each other, although it mostly consisted of us sneaking kisses. Then Percy noticed the necklace. He reached out a tentative finger to touch it. "You still wear it. All the time." He smiled at me as he held it in his palm.

"Of course I do. You gave it to me. Why wouldn't I?" I cocked my head at him.

"To be honest I thought you would have used it already." He smiled sheepishly. I slapped his arm playfully.

We stopped talking and I laid my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and we just sat and watched the Nereids weave their baskets. "I missed you so much Annabeth. You have no idea."

"I missed you so much too. That's why I had to leave camp. Everything reminded me of you. I'm just glad you're here now, even if it's because of a war." He kissed my hair and we looked up.

Thalia's face smiled down at us. She gestured for us to come up out of the water. It was time for the meeting. I sighed and kissed Percy one last time before kicking up to the surface. I hauled myself up out of the water, completely dry.

Percy burst up into the air and performed multiple flips, then landed perfectly on his feet next to me. I glared at him, water dripping from my body. He gave me another lopsided grin before flicking his hands and the water flew off of my body until I was dry again.

I kissed him on the lips and before he could kiss back, I dashed off towards the Big House. I stumbled up the steps and turned to see where Percy was, but saw nothing. I frowned and turned again, and screamed.

He fell to the porch laughing his head off as I held my hand to my heart. "Holy Hades, Percy! Don't do that!" I lightly kicked him and stomped inside the Big House.

The counselors of the cabins and Chiron stood waiting. I greeted Malcolm, since he was the counselor for Athena--he told me that normally it was Daedalus, but since he was with Percy's team for now, Malcolm took over--and took my place around the ping pong table. Percy stood next to me and took my hand under the table. Chiron started to speak.

"Well, once again Olympus is being threatened. This time, it's a much more powerful primordial. Gaea." Gasps echoes around the room. "Yes, Gaea. She is awakening, much quicker than we would like. I have tried to make contact with the gods but Olympus has been closed. No one has been able to see them. Even Dionysus was called back. That means the Hunters won't be here to help, which is why I called Annabeth to bring the Amazons."

Every pair of eyes turned to look at me. I smiled and waved. Chiron resumes speaking. "We will have to inform the rest of the campers at the campfire tomorrow. I will announce it. For now, don't say anything. We will start planning tomorrow. Dismissed." Chiron shooed us out the door and Percy and I held hands as we walked around camp.

"I need to talk to Nico. You can come with, if you'd like." I nodded and he pulled me along to his cabin. We walked inside and found that Nico was the only one there. "Hey, Nico." Percy greeted.

"Sup, Percy, Annabeth. You here for a reason, or . . .?" He trailed off.

"Yes, actually." Percy rubbed the back of his neck. "I've only done this once before, with Thalia. You know how we all battled a primordial, right Nico?" He nodded. "It's your turn. Erebus. You have to take Erebus's place."

Nico took a deep breath. "Luke warned me that this was coming soon. I'll go grab a few things and leave. Any idea where he is?"

"Yeah . . . you won't like it. He's on that planet that you really hated." Percy grinned. "Sorry. but I can't choose where he is."

"Ugh." Nico groaned. "Fine." He walked out of the room, summoning a portal as he did. "See you soon!" He called over his shoulder as he disappeared.

"Percy. We're alone." I smiled at him and tugged him onto a couch.

"Yes we are." He pulled my face closer to his and our lips met. We fell asleep together, wrapped in each other's arms as we tried to forget all of our cares.