Chapter 21-Edited

Start from the beginning

My mind drifts back to yesterday as Ryder separates himself from his phone and leads me back to bed.

*

*

*

I open the box, and my nose scrunches up in confusion. Inside the box is another box, and inside that box is another box.

The crowd around me leans in closer to get a better look at what's happening. Ryder is basically breathing down my neck and all this attention is making me uncomfortable.

I continue to open up the boxes. Is that all that's in here? I get to one box, and when I open it, a bunch of photos fall out of it.

The photos are all of me, from when I was born, to now. Some of these photos were taken while I've been here. The photos are of me at different angles, and you can tell that I wasn't aware that someone was taking these pictures of me. Ryder growls when he sees this, and he pulls me to his chest.

All of the pictures have a red slash mark going across my face. The pack gasps as they see the pictures and Ryder growls again.

"Who did this?" His growl fills the house, but no one answers his question. When I hold up some of the photos, I see handwriting on the back of them. I start turning the pictures over, and each one has one word on it. I look at all the words and I frown in confusion. The words say:

Will lucky save won't I get but away princess you this able time soon last so time no save one and see time you were to be this will -P

I stare at all the words, but this doesn't make any sense.

"What is this talking about?" I mumble quietly to myself. Brian steps forward and he bows his head slightly.

"If I may, Luna?" I immediately nod my head and hand him the pictures. He looks at the words, before he starts putting some words together.

"What are you doing?" Ryder asks curiously. He's eyes are still blazing, and by the grip he has on my waist, I know he's going into overprotective mate mode.

"I'm trying to group some of these words together that would make sense in a sentence. I will add the other words a little later." Some of the other pack members start to help him out by adding comments or rearranging some words.

As we reorganize the words, the pieces start falling into the place. It says:

Last time you were able to get away but this time you won't be so lucky. I will see you soon princess, and this time, no one will save you.

-P

Who's P? I thought this would be something from Zack, but it looks like there's another problem going on. Everyone looks at me, waiting for me to say something to clear up the confusion, but I'm probably more confused then they are.

"Who's P?" Ryder's question is aimed at me, but I just frown at him before shrugging.

"I have no clue," I say while trying to think of anyone I know who's name starts with a P. Jake comes into the middle of the circle and he kneels down next to me.

"Do you know who this person is?" I ask Jake. He thinks it over for a few minutes before slowly shaking his head. Ryder growls before he abruptly stands up and drags me up with him.

"We need to go talk to those rogues right now," he says, and I can tell he's losing control. I follow him to where the rogues are being held. I feel my stomach clench with a bundle of nerves, and I rub my hands against Ryder's nervously.

Ryder glances back at me, and he's raging eyes soften a little. I must look pretty pitiful because he stops walking, and he wraps his arms around me.