Chapter 23

Mina’s POV

It felt like my throat was on fire, as if I was going to explode from holding my breath. I tried to help Sinb out. I did everything I could to pull her leg out from the seat that was clamped on it. But it was no use, I was losing the last bit of oxygen. I was prepared to keep on trying though until Sinb pulled me away from home. She gave a sorrow filled smiled and hugged me one last time. She then mouthed the words goodbye. But I couldn’t just give up, I had to help her, I couldn’t leave her. But she kept pushing me away, as she mouthed go. So with my heart breaking and choking on the water I swam out of the car through the broken window and floated to the top.

I woke up in a cold sweat and immediately sat up. I started breathing heavily because I was freaking out. I then felt warm hands embrace my waist and pulled me close. Chaeyoung tried calming me down by hugging me tight and gently stroking my hair. After a while I started breathing normally and Chaeyoung cups my face in her hands and gives me a sweet kiss. Then we lay back done on the bed wrapped up in each other’s embrace and got to sleep.

The next morning I wake up tangled in Chaeyoung’s arms and legs. She looks so adorable and I don’t have it in me to wake her up yet. So I just lay there with her gently rubbing my hand up and down her back slowly.

“You’re actually making me sleepier instead of trying to wake me up.” She murmurs. I laugh and stop what I’m doing, then she adds,

“Hey I never said stop..”

Instead I kind of jump on her and give her a big hug. By this point she’s wide awake and just giggles along with me. Then she sweetly places a kiss on my cheek. We both get up and walk down stairs. My mom is at work, Nayeon unnie and Dahyun are still sleeping and probably won’t wake up until late in the afternoon.

So Chaeyoung and I eat something then decide to watch kdrama.  Obviously not adding chill, because we barely kissed yesterday. After a while watching five episodes Chaeyoung and I can’t seem to stop watching. I’m currently laying my head on her stomach as she keeps asking questions about the drama. I can’t help but looking up at her and getting lost in her beautiful face.

Her eyes are so beautiful and every feature from her cute smile to her nose is so adorable. Then I focus on her lips and all I want is to kiss her. Chaeyoung catches on that I’m not listening anymore and that I’m staring at her, so she leans in close to give me a kiss. The feelings I have are unbelievable.

“Hey! You don’t kiss your unnie like that Chaeyoung.” I sound like Nayeon unnie when she scolding me. I want to tease Chaeyoung and she seems so embarrass.

“I…I-I’m sorry unnie..” she said and I’m trying so hard to refrain from laughing.

“Stop calling me that Chaeng.” I said in a serious tone. She seems dumbfounded.

“Stop calling you what unnie I don’t get it?” she’s so confused.

“Stop calling me unnie chae. You can call me anything you want and you can drop the formalities from now on.” I said and give her a reassuring smile.

“Alright mina.” Omg I love hearing my name comes from Chaeyoung. And I give a peck on her lips.

“I have no idea how I will ever get use to the feeling I get when I kiss you.” I blush in embarrassment as Chaeyoung looks at me with a soft expression before she kisses me again.

Chaeyoung’s POV

I just can’t get enough of this girl. She’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met. We stop watching because we got too preoccupied. I like how things aren’t rushed between us, and we drop the formalities between us. Everything feels so natural and steady with her and I like it like that. I want to know more about her, so I ask a bunch of questions.

“So when was the first time you decided that you liked me?”

“Probably the first time I saw you.” She blurts out fast which makes us both of us blush.

“I mean, you are adorably beautiful, and you have that badass look at the same time a cute little lost cub and that was my first thought when I saw you. At that first moment I got crush on you.” She explained.

I couldn’t contain the happiness that was rising in me. She liked me the moment she saw me. It was so surreal to hear her say that plus she sort of compliment me haha but that’s okay.

“I’m just sorry that it took me five months to actually say anything.” She adds.

I didn’t answer, instead I gave her another meaningful kiss. (smooth move chaeng) I was so lucky to have her in my life.

“So, when did you start to have strong feeling for me?” asks Mina.

“The day we went to the pier. I got to see a side of you that you didn’t show at school.” I replied.

“What did you like about me?” she asks.

“Your personality. The way you’re so compassionate and kind with others. Plus you’re adorable and your gummy smile that melts me everytime.” I reply giggling. Then I ask her the same thing.

“Honesty I like everything about you Chaeng. I like your round eyes, your dimples, your mole under your lips, and especially your lips, but also who you are as a person. You’re so understanding and patient with me all the time. And you just have a knack for making me feel special and that I matter.”

Damn, this girl has a way of melting my heart. She’s everything I could have asked for. I immediately pulled her in for a big hug and a kiss of course. I can’t believe I’m so lucky. I can’t wait to ask her to be my girlfriend soon, but I have to think of the best way to ask.

----
Sorry it took me so long to update.  I've been very busy. ✌