Chapter 8

Chaeyoung's POV

I woke up around 8 am I just couldn't get hanging out with Mina out of my head. I was just so nervous. So I decided to go downstairs and see if my family was up.

"Ready for your date?" teased Jeongyeon unnie. She could already tell how nervous I was since I never get up at this time on Saturdays.

"It's not a date. Oh how I wish."

"Heard that" yelled Jeongyeon unnie.

Oh no. I can't believe I said that out loud to her.

"Unnie, it's just two friends hanging out and getting our projects done."

Jeongyeon unnie was in such a teasing mood, she just wants to embarrass me as much as she can.

"It's ironic how your project in chemistry is on molecular forces of attraction." Laughed jeongyeon unnie. "You're going to have to thank your teacher later for partnering you with your crush."

"I guess you could say the teacher saw their strong attraction towards each other."added my little brother.

Sigh. They are having way too much fun teasing me. This is going to be a long four hours before I go pick up Mina.

When I arrived at Mina's house I texted her now. When she came out my jaw dropped. She looked so beautiful in a spunky way, which made her look really hot. She had on dark jeans, a black sweater with dark blue jacket. I could not keep my eyes off her. God, hanging out with her is going to be hard. Literally all I want to do is grab her and passionately kiss the heck out of her, but I don't want to freak her out and plus I don't even though if she'd go for a girl or not.

"Hey Chaeng."

"Hi Mina unnie. You look really nice today." I blurted out...... I'm mentally face palming right now. I can't believe I said that, you don't say that to newly friends. Right? I don't know, I'm so lost here.

"Thanks." she blushed and it was the most adorable thing.

"So what did you have in mind to do today? Or what is your favorite spot?" I asked.

"Uhmm... I love the beach. So how about we go there? It's pretty cool there." she replied.

"Your wish is my command." I stupidly said. Wow. I'm a dork. At least I got her to laugh. Did I mention she has a cute laugh too, one that you'd like to hear all the time.

When we got there we decided to get lunch first. After walking around for a few minutes we found a good place and ordered. While we waited for food we talked a little.

"So, so far you love the beach. What else do you love Mina-unnie?" I asked.

"Uhmm...sports, hiking, playing video games and ballet." She blurted out.

I could tell she was a bit nervous by her rosy cheeks. "Oh so you love ballet. Why you didn't join the dance club then"

"Yes. I used to practice for hours with my sister to be the best in my dance club." She replied.

"That's so cool. Why'd you stop?" What I'm really curious okay.

Mina-unnie hesitated for a while before saying "I just couldn't....." she answered.

I was really suspicious she wasn't telling me more, but she looked pretty sad so I changed the topic.

We talked more for a while, but the entire time I felt like Mina-unnie was only telling me half the truth.

After lunch we decided to walk around the pier and the beach. Mina unnie even convinced me to take off my shoes and dip my feet in the water a little, which was freezing. She looked so happy and it was adorable. This was like a whole new side of Mina unnie that I never see in school. We were joking and laughing so much. We even threatened to throw seaweed at each other at one time. When the sun starting going down we went to the edge of the pier. It got pretty chilly and I was shivering. Curse the weatherman for telling me it was going to be warm all day. Well I guess it was my fault since I never checked the weather forecast. I guess Mina unnie saw me freezing and immediately took off her denim jacket and gave it to me. It was the sweetest and caring thing she could have done for me. I'm about to blushed so hard when she did that.

We kept on walking and sharing things. We even played basic 20 questions to get better idea of each other.

We saw a little girl run with her brother and she fell and dropped her stuff animal over the railings. She started crying so much and her parents tried to calm her down, but it was no use.

"Aww that's so sad.." I said.

"Yeah it is. Hold on, I'll be back." Replied Mina-unnie. She jogged away and I felt weird just standing there so I followed soon after. When I went around the corner, Mina unnie was at a claw machine trying to win something. As I got closer, she was able to get a cute little teddy bear. She grabbed it and ran to the little girl.

"Hey, I know it's not the one you lost, but here you go. You promise to take good care of it for me." Mina unnie asked the little girl.

The little girl promised and hugged the little teddy bear tightly to her chest. The girl's parents thanked Mina unnie before leaving.

I was in complete awe at Mina unnie. I convinced she was the kindest person I've ever met. It made my crush on her even bigger. How could a girl like her ever walk into my life.

"Mina unnie, that was the nicest thing I've ever seen." I said out loud.

"It's nothing. It was the least I could do for them."

Oh god. This girl was humble too. She's not making my crush on her any easier.

"Nothing? Mina unnie really? You didn't have to do anything. You could have walked away, but you took the time to win her a stuffed animal. That's so sweet." I blurted out.

Mina unnie blushed and thanked me. Oh my god. This girl was wow! We ended up watching the sunset and it was beautiful.

Literally it felt more like a date than hanging out and I had slight hope it was. Until she said,

"I had a lot of fun hanging out with you today. You're a funny person, I'm glad we are friends."

I sighed and pretended to smile at her and said,

"Nado unnie. It was fun."

Great I got friendzoned, but I still have 10% of faith. Maybe later on. We left the beach and went to her house. As I parked the car in her driveway, we said goodbye. Then she suddenly turned to me and gave me a half hug and said goodbye as she walked to her home. I sat dumbfounded in the car as my heartbeat rapidly beat. She hugged me, wow, she actually did. It was a big thing since the other times I touched her she backed away, especially when I hugged her. Hmmm maybe I have a better chance than what I thought.

When I got in my room, I jumped on my bed. I was tired and happy. I got pretty hot so I took off my jacket...............wait.............. I didn't have a jacket. Wow, I forgot to give Mina-unnie her jacket back. I guess I have my excuse to see her tomorrow.