Chapter#03

When she heard her named being announced, she felt a very small ounce of regret for not keeping herself low. It was tiny but there and she in a way agreed to it as well. Detention was a second home to her but usually alone, it was a place she could nap, the crowd of people she got herself involved were anything but peaceful.

She just couldn't control the urge to play a prank on that native, innocent teacher when she saw him sleeping so defenseless.

Maybe she was a sadist.

She dragged her feet as slowly as possible to walk towards the office. Behind her, Daniel's quiet footsteps seem too loud this early in the morning.

The other three guys were already there when she arrived, their faces without any guilt. One of them whose name was either James or Andy, grinned and waved very excitedly when he saw her.

She politely nodded.

"You all can go back, you know. I can handle it." She carelessly said, hoping they would agree so she would no longer need to associate with them.

She wasn't that lucky.

"No can do. We were the one who put it on social media. A few days off won't hurt." the other one, again she was confused about whether it Andy and or James said. She didn't wonder long on it. He was also sitting comfortably on the seats outside the office with others. From behind her, Daniel also took a seat and leaned back.

She simply nodded, no longer caring about their involvement. She simply wanted to be suspended for a day or two to catch unto some sleep.

The middle age woman who she met the first day, came out of the office after few minutes and asked them to go in. Ace banged the door open and entered first while the four guys followed. Despite her being peace loving, she really loved announcing her presence.

She had never met the principle before. He didn't look old, probably in his early 40's. With suit pants and tucked in collar shirt, he looked dull but Ace forgave his appearance because he was quiet short. She had personal sentiments with short people.

The man ignored her manners and waited till they took a seat and then asked, "Do you know why you are here?"

None of them had to get confirmation from other for the answer. They all shook their head in union and stared back blankly at him so of course what followed was expected. Rows of words which involved their future and their performance and how they will end up as those adults who spend their life working in a fast food outlet.

Ace actually dozed off till someone elbowed her in the gut. Before she could curse out loud she heard her name from the principle's lips.

"-----xpecting that from you of all the people. You have the ability to attend the finest universities in the country and to ruin it all that by playing such rude and indiscipline pranks! I talked to your past principle as well. He said the same thing. You have so much potential, please stop wasting it on such things and concentrate on useful objects."

She heard his words with annoyance and with no concern whatsoever. The little regret she had was gone and so were the personal sentiments. Now she just wanted him to shut up. If she studied more then necessary, her mind would burst.

"Do you guys have anything to say for yourself?" the principle asked.

Hadn't you said everything for us?

"What about the teacher?" she asked before anyone could even open their mouth.

"Excuse me?"

"What about the teacher who was sleeping on duty? If we are not studying, it our personal loss but him not doing his job affects badly on your over all definition of 'adult'. He is probably playing around with so many future minds." there was no way she would let it go anymore. She thought it would be a lecture and either detention or suspension but he called her past school. She can't forgive that. So of course, the culprit had to take responsibility.