Part 28: Hugs

^^^I actually made that manip! Im kinda proud of myself
----

The constant beep of the machine began to stir you awake, you woke from the familiar darkness to be met with the white ceiling. It was so bright it was blinding. Your eyes began to stabilize and become used to the bright light. Your head only pounded lightly now probably because of all the pain killers they had you on.

"Y/n?" You heard suddenly, startling you.

You turned your head quickly to the side of the bed where Steve sat in the comfy looking chair, he sat quietly but looked really tired and upset. He forced a small smile on his face for your sake.

"Hi." You whispered your throat dry making your voice raspy Steve got up to hand you the glass of water that was on the tray of food, you gave him a polite smile as a thank you. You propped yourself up in the bed as Steve sat back in the seat, leaning on his elbow.

"I was worried" Steve sighed biting his nail "how'd you get in here?" You asked your voice still slightly raspy even after the drink of water "I told them I was your boyfriend" Steve chuckled and shook his head "in your dreams Harrington" Steve laughed and you chuckled.

Your laughs died down and Steve got a serious look on his face, he opened his mouth to say something but stopped

"Jonathan was really worried but happy to see you finally" your eyes quickly scanned from the cup of water you were holding to Steves face at the mention of Jonathan. The last time you had saw him properly was at his house that night. "Is he here?" You asked looking back down at the glass of water "yes"

Your heart sunk for a second and you felt your stomach flip "he stayed with Dustin over night in the waiting room because Dustin wouldn't leave with Mike and his parents"

You couldn't help but smile at the thought of Dustin but stopped at the thought of Jonathan just down the hall "Yeah?" You asked trying to sound excited but Steve knew you too well. Steve moved the chair closer and took your hand in his "he wants to see you and I know deep down you want to see him too"

Steve gave your hand a squeeze before standing up "Im gonna go get him" you looked at Steve with wide eyes but there was no stopping him "Steve wait" Steve stopped in the door way "were not gonna talk about the puke last night"

"Hey if throwing up disgusting black liquid is your thing, good for you" Steve disappeared into the hallway leaving you with a smile on your face. Silence filled the room again, giving you time to examine it. The walls were painted white the only thing on them besides medical equipment being a painting of trees and nature. Yay.

You sat on the edge of the bed your bare feet hitting the cold clean floor almost sending shivers down your spine. You could hear nurses walking by your room even with the door closed. You stood up and walked towards the window pulling the curtains back to look out the window. There wasn't much of a view, you could tell you were probably only on the second or third floor.

You tapped your nails against the cup that contained your water as you nervously waited for the door to open. Just as you thought Jonathan might have given up on seeing you the door slowly opened, you turned setting the cup on the window ceil. Your eyes locked on him, you probably looked terrible after what had happened.

Jonathan's hands were shaking as he shut the doer behind him. The whole time he had entered the room his gaze remained on the floor not being able to look at you. Jonathan finally looked up his eyes widening looking as if they had tears in them and mouth slightly open like he didn't know what to say. You switched a smile you knew he was struggling to speak.

You walked over and stood in front of him looking at the ground, you felt Jonathan wrap you in his arms you hugged him tightly back

You walked over and stood in front of him looking at the ground, you felt Jonathan wrap you in his arms you hugged him tightly back. He took a breath in and let it out "hi..."

"