Part 10: A Night Out

"Thanks for the ride" you said walking to your car that was still parked in front of the Byers house Jonathan smiled as you got in the car and waved bye he waved back before walking into his house.
"There you are!" Lydia said happily hugging you when you walked into the pizza shop you walked with her over to the table where Nancy and Steve were sitting together Steve having an arm around Nancy. "Oh shit foods done" Lydia said "I'll help you" Nancy got up leaving you and Steve together "this might be odd to ask but have you seen Dustin" you asked Steve shook his head "he probably went over to mikes couldn't handle all that moaning" you looked at him confused he raised an eyebrow at you. Steve put a bracelet on the table it was the one you had lost in his car one night  "you came by last night?" You asked looking from the bracelet to him "I wanted to give it back to you" he said "it wasn't like that" you said leaning back in the seat "I know but I can help you" he smirked at you. You furrowed your eyebrows "hear me out let's hang out tonight" you titled your head to the side "seriously?" Steve said annoyed you smirked "teddy bear?" Steve held up a mini teddy bear and pouted his lip you giggled. "Okay" you agreed as Lydia and Nancy sat back down in their seats.

You walked to the front door of Steve house and knocked "hello madam" he said as he opened the door "ready?" You asked he nodded and closed the door following you to the car. "where to first?" You asked starting "Hawkins view point" he said "isn't that a make out spot" you said turning to him "we would know" he said laughing you rolled your eyes and laughed. You and Steve were friends even though you hated him sometimes he was still a really good friend. You drove down the rode "so what kinda help do you need" Steve asked
"I don't need help from you"
"Come on please I like helping with relationships"
You sighed annoyed "you can't even keep a relationship" you said Steve gasped acting offended "and it's not even a relationship it's a stupid crush" you said Steve let the smile fall from his face "do you love him?"

"Could i crash this car?" You asked
"Yes?"
"Yes but i don't want to" you replied "why not?" Steve kept his eyes on you as you talked "everything left is so fragile one day one of us could he perfectly fine the next we could be missing or dead" you sighed taking a breath "you've always been so smart about that stuff but tonight it's us and we're gonna have fun" he said and pointed ahead you parked and got out. The sun was just setting which made it even prettier you knew why Steve would always take you on dates here.

He sat on the roof of your car and you sat next to him taking in the view. "This is actually nice" you remarked Steve scoffed "yeah it is" he agreed. "I wish people saw you more like this" you said turning your head to him he tilted his head questioning you "you act like such a jerk when your not" . Steve sighed "I know" he said and cleared his throat "well tonight's not about me it's been our friendship and having fun".

For the next two hours Steve made you drive around town you guys went out to eat ran around the woods and went to the candy shop almost like little kids. "I have a trampoline wanna come jump on it" Steve asked you. You glanced at him from the driver side. You sighed before getting out of the car "let's go" Steve said grabbing you hand pulling you to the back yard he jumped on it taking his shoes off throwing them at you. "Why the hell do you have a trampoline your 17" You asked pulling your shoes off climbing onto it "I figured I have the money why not?" He said you rolled your eyes "of course why not?" You said impersonating him. You couldn't help but laugh as you and Steve jumped on the trampoline you didn't want to admit it but you were having a good time. Steve jumped and laid down you followed him laying down next to him. You both looked at the stars in the sky it was peaceful you almost forgot about all the bullshit that's been going on.

Steve stood up and jumped off the trampoline you sat up to watch what he was doing "What you doing" You asked jumping down he sat in one of the pool chairs and tossed you a can of beer "I still gotta drive Harrington "
You tossed the beer back to him "buzz kill" he lit a cigarette "don't even try to pass me one of them" you sat down in chair next to him "I wasn't gonna" he replied. "I thought you hated smoking" you asked titling your head to look at him he sighed and a puff of smoke came out of his mouth "I did but with school it's stressful you know I don't know how you do it and you have a little brother to look after I probably would I have died already if I was you" he said looking at the pool. "Just gotta do it" you looked at him and could tell he wasn't happy. Some of the smoke from the cigarette blew your way from the wind you moved your hand around "I don't like lung cancer try to aim it that way" you pointed to the woods "sorry"  "here's a deal since you wanna help me with Jonathan if you do that I'll help you study, get your grades you grades up real quick" Steve looked at you taking the cigarette out of his mouth a wide smile creeping onto his face "okay deal Henderson" Steve held his hand out and you took hold of it "deal"....