Part 15: I Get It

You walked into school feeling like shit. Probably looking like it too. Why wouldn't you? After only getting three hours of sleep from having nightmares and crying because your chances with Jonathan were gone.

Yes. You would admit it after two nightmares of that horrific creature you stayed up letting your mind get the best of you. Your hair was puffy and wavy usually you would come to school with it curled or in a slick pony tail NEVER like this. And your outfit was thrown together you only had 20 Minutes to get ready and get Dustin to school so in reality only 10 minutes to actually get ready.

You walked to your locker feeling like you could drop dead any second. You opened your locker seeing in the little mirror the harsh reality of your eye bags , pale skin, and chapped lips. You grabbed chap stick and put some on trying to look a little better

And anyway you couldn't stand your lips being dry.

Lydia was probably gonna murder you. Speaking of the queen "y/n! Are you okay?" She asked seeing how you looked. "Im fine" you said giving the red head a smile "ive been your best friend for 12 years I know when something is wrong" god damnit " Lydia I just kinda wanna distance myself from people today" you gripped her shoulders "I love you, you know that but just for today give me space" you asked she smiled understanding you "I sure will just come to me if you need help" she said you nodded before watching her strut down the hall like she owned the place.

You leaned on your locker and rubbed your eyes not caring because you didn't wear makeup.

You looked down the hall to see Nancy, Steve, Tommy, Lydia and barb all looking happy and laughing . Barb must be back from that trip. You looked around the hall before your eyes landed on Jonathan you sighed and shut your locker. You leaned your head on Lydia's locker  closing your eyes but opening them when you felt someone stand next to you.

"They must be waiting for you to move on" Carol said the last time you talked to her was when you punched her in the parking lot so obviously you were kinda shocked to not see her with the group. "what?" You asked looking at her she raised her eyebrows at you and laughed a little " Im talking about Jonathan"

You looked at her your eyes wider then before "I pay attention" she replied you looked at the ground "you don't have to be embarrassed or anything I get it, and i won't tell anyone either" she smiled at you before walking over to meet with the group.

You smiled. Carol wasn't that bad. You, her, Nancy, and Lydia were best friends all up until the end of middle school which was when carol started to hang out and date Tommy which of course changed her. She was ruder and never really hung out with the three of you which made your hatred for her start to grow. But you knew deep down she was still that fun, caring, bubbly girl.

The loud bell made you snap out of your thoughts and made you walk down to class not wanting to be late again.......

Sorry this one is kinda short and I'm seriously in love with this song like for real I listen to it at least 5 times a day it's addicting 😂 but I hope the people that do read the story are liking it 💙💙