Part 16: He Tried

"So were not gonna get caught?" Nancy asked leaning on the locker looking down at Steve "no we used to do this all the time and besides there's a school assembly" You spoke sitting on the bench next to Lydia "yeah your fine Nancy don't be all paranoid" Tommy wrapped an arm around Carol. It was back to the popular group. Skipping classes. Looking good. Giving up with Jonathan. Even though Nancy and Lydia said that Jonathan was missing out on an amazing person you just couldn't bring yourself to believe them.

You sat looking at your papers you could feel someone looking over your shoulder at them "get out of my face and grow a pair"

"Okay.." tommy said laughing leaning back over to Carol "why are you studying don't you have like perfect grades?" Steve asked from the floor "i have a C in math" you kept your eyes on the paper looking at the letters and numbers over and over again "i have a C-" Steve said with a shrug "yeah isn't all your grades a C-?" Lydia asked tilting her head to the side you giggled. "Yeah yeah- so are we still going out for that pizza tonight?" Steve asked
You looked up "i can't"

"What?! Come on the group is finally back together you can't just bail" Carol said looking over at you "i gotta help Dustin and the boys on a project" you lied. Really you agreed to go out in the woods tonight again with them. Mike had called you earlier and said that Eleven ran off because of Lucas. You had to admit he could be a dick sometimes but you loved him.

"Why can't they do it on their own?" Lydia begged "Come on Im gonna be-" Lydia looked around counting everyone "Im gonna be fifth wheeling not even third wheeling! You now how sad that is?" Lydia whispered the last part "you can literally look at any guy and they would be happy to go with you."

"But their all losers!"

"Dont wanna hear it lyds" you held up a hand cutting her off she sighed stomping her heel on the ground Nancy laughed at Lydia's little sissy fit. "Its okay Lydia ill stay away from Steve" Steve gasped acting hurt "what's the passcode to your locker" Nancy asked turning around to your locker "3-21-14"you said "i gotta piss" Tommy stood up and jogged down to the bathrooms Nancy opened your locker "what's this?" Nancy held up the camera box you shrugged and looked back down at your notes "was it for Jonathan?" Steve asked you shrugged again.

"Aw y/n" Lydia whined "it was for Christmas they were on sale so might as well save the money now" you spoke up "that was nice but you don't need him anymore" Carol walked over and took the camera out of the box "let's get a picture" she got the camera ready "I'll take it" Nancy took the camera steve ran over and sat on the bench "Come on, everyone say 'Steves Dick is small"

"Steves Dick is small!"

"Im not saying that"

The flash went off and you smiled. "Is there a timer on this I wanna be in it" Nancy looked around at the camera "I'll take it" Tommy ran down the hall. "Ready" Nancy stood behind you "smile!" The flash went off again "thats cool" Tommy said looking at the camera "thanks" you got up from the bench and took it from him putting it back in your locker. Steve sat back down on the floor leaning on the lockers you sat down next to him. Carol laid her head on tommys lap when he finally sat back down. You all were laughing having a good time until you heard one of the doors open

You looked over and saw Jonathan walking your way he looked at you but quickly looked away walking past the group "hey Jonathan!" Steve stood up from the lockers "Listen I just wanna talk!" Steve stopped walking when Jonathan had made it through the school doors.

Steve turned back around and shrugged. At least he tried right?...