-5

"I'm going to count to three, and if your not dressed and ready to leave there will be massive concequences."

Emilia stood at the bottom of the stairs with her arms crossed, like most Fridays Emilia was on Scott duty and getting him to school was by far the hardest part of her week. Emilia sighed as she turned to face the clock, 7:45 , knowing that they were going to be late Emilia grabbed her denim jacket from the rack and started to get ready to leave.

"One..." Emilia started to count down slowly, pulling on her brown ankle boots.

"...two" Emilia continued grabbing her and scotts bags from under the stairs, placing them by the front door.

"Three!" Emilia shouted as the toast popped out of the toaster, stomping up the stairs angrily.

"Scott Gregorio McCall!" Emilia exclaimed staring at the eight year old sleeping on his bed, dressed and ready for school.

"Seriously?" Emilia walked forward hitting her younger brother with one of his pillows, Scott jerked forward looking at Emilia in annoyance.

"Emilia!" scott groaned turning to lie back down.

"We're running late, get up now!" Emilia walked out of his room once Scott stood up, happy that she managed to get him up.

Emilia pulled her phone out of her pocket as she walked down the stairs, assuming it would be Melanie messaging her again.

Mel : were r u ?

Em : attempting to get Scott to school

Mel : good luck with that

Em : thanks...

Emilia put her phone back in her pocket as she took the toast out of the toaster, handing it too Scott as he bounded down the stairs almost slipping at the bottom.

"Okay. Breakfast, bag, homework, keys." Emilia listed making sure she had everything she needed, shoving everything into her bag.

"Shoes!" Scott added grabbing his trainers from near the door, stopping to put them on.

"We dont have time!"Emilia took them from him, ushering him out of the house

"To the car!"Scott sang, running down the driveway in his truck patterned socks.

Once in the car Emilia shoved their bags into the backseat, along with passing Scott his shoes.

"What are you waiting for?" Emilia questioned starting the engine, as Scott sat staring at his toast.

"Jason said I'm not allowed to eat in the car." Scott replied, looking at his sister in confusion.

"Well Jason is not here." Emilia added, sighing as Scott still sat starting at his toast "Eat, now."